William's Shave Soap: Scents?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
gschneider

William's Shave Soap: Scents?

Post by gschneider »

I know there are some strong feelings on the efficacy of William's soap, but I really dig the scent. Anything else out there smell the same (or close)? I keep coming back to it just because I like the smell--sandalwood, 1805, Proraso, etc. just doesn't do it for me yet, though I have to still try many.
Thanks
Greg
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Williams is a great soap. It was my first, and I still use it from time to time. AND, with it's great price ($.97 cents at Wal Mart), it frees up cash for other great soaps and creams.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
stuff495

Post by stuff495 »

Gordon please correct me if I'm way off base here, but I think the DR Harris Arlington and Williams shaving soap smell very simmilar.

--Vincent
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Vincent, Yes, I agree. The scent of William's soap is somewhat reminicent of Arlington from D R Harris. The older version of Harris's Almond soap also ( but the most recent ones I've gotten have a more specific 'almond' scent to them ). The scent of Arlington is a bit more pronounced, as it bloody well better be, considering the price differential. Questions of performance aside, I've always liked the scent of the Williams shave soap myself. Regards, Gordon