ed

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Re: QEDman shave sticks on the way

Post by guenron »

Uilleann Pipes wrote:Hello gents. I ordered some QEDman shave sticks this week to compliment the lavender stick I already have. The scents are Tangerine & Spearmint, Mocha Java, Frankincense & Myrrh, and last but not least, Special 218. These and the biggest bottle of DaVinci water that Qed has. Oh yeah!

To be honest, that lavender stick gives shaves as good as ANY I've gotten with any other product. So from now on, when I refer to shave creams or soaps whose lather are right at the top of the list, it will be Q3T's. QED, Trumper, Taylor, Truefitt. This is just my experience.

I think that very soon, this American brand of QED Essentials is going to be a must have for those who demand that only the best products grace their toiletry lockers.

Regards, Todd
Here, here! My personal feelings are that Blue Tansy is a MUST for any proper gentleman.. And, hey, Frankincense & Myrrh? Sounds good to me! Added some Crusellas Tobacco too.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Todd,

Do you get a good lather when lathering directly on your face with these? I must be a shave stick moron, but I can only get a very thin lather , despite being able to get excellent lather from the QED tub soap using a lathering bowl.

Interestingly, after getting frustrated for a while trying to lather on my face using a shave stick and brush, if I then go to the bowl with the soap-laden brush, I can whip up a good lather. I just can't do it on my face.... I have seen Joel's pictures with the shave stick, but he is SuperShaveGeek(tm). For me, I just can't get it going.

-Scotto
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I got the Crusellas Tobacco last week when I received my new Saville Row...enjoying the brush so much I forgot to unpack the Crusellas!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Hi all,

I am putting together an order for Charles and was thinking of adding a bottle or two of the Crusellas. What would you guys order if you only had a choice of 1 or 2? I was thinking of the tobacco (I just received my Creed Tabarome cologne and love the scent).

Thanks.

Patrick
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Scotto,

I have/had a peppermint stick from QED. Absolutely love it, however, I did not care for lathering on my face. I just removed it from the holder, gave it 15 seconds in the microwave, a quick stir and another 10-15 seconds and turned it into a "mug" soap.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
guenron

Kemosabe!

Post by guenron »

Scotto wrote:Todd,

Do you get a good lather when lathering directly on your face with these? I must be a shave stick moron, but I can only get a very thin lather , despite being able to get excellent lather from the QED tub soap using a lathering bowl.

Interestingly, after getting frustrated for a while trying to lather on my face using a shave stick and brush, if I then go to the bowl with the soap-laden brush, I can whip up a good lather. I just can't do it on my face.... I have seen Joel's pictures with the shave stick, but he is SuperShaveGeek(tm). For me, I just can't get it going.

-Scotto
Scotto,
Don't feel like the lone ranger... ME TOO! I find that my large brushes just don't work well with on-the-face lathering. (I think Joel has genetically mutated from shaving with so many different preps, soaps, creams, and razors,... that he has developed SUPERIOR lathering skin) I pull out my old Ed. Jagger Best and that little broom raises a better lather. I think, though, that I am going to follow Randy's lead if I can find some shallow, but wide-mouthed closeable containers (does petri dish sound good?) to do a melt test. Hmmm.. I wonder how Blue Tanzy would look in a petri dish? :wink:
Regards,
Ron

rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Ron,

Check with Wal Mart for the containers. I have a set of Anchor Hocking dishes (microwave safe) that I have melted all of my "meltable" soaps in. They come in two different sizes, buy the larger ones. These containers are clear with blue plastic lids. I bought the smaller ones, and they are just right for storage, but could be bigger for lathering. Also, they will have Corelle containers with lids that should work.
Randy
guenron

Post by guenron »

rtaylor61 wrote:Ron,

Check with Wal Mart for the containers. I have a set of Anchor Hocking dishes (microwave safe) that I have melted all of my "meltable" soaps in. They come in two different sizes, buy the larger ones. These containers are clear with blue plastic lids. I bought the smaller ones, and they are just right for storage, but could be bigger for lathering. Also, they will have Corelle containers with lids that should work.
Randy
On Saturday's list of to-dos! Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Ron

PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Ron,

I must have missed something....what is Blue Tansy?

I am adding one of the QED sticks to my order....trouble is...WHICH ONE!!

Thanks.

Patrick
guenron

Post by guenron »

PonyPlayer wrote:Ron,

I must have missed something....what is Blue Tansy?

I am adding one of the QED sticks to my order....trouble is...WHICH ONE!!

Thanks.

Patrick
I hope Charles doesn't shoot me, BUT, one of the EO constituents of the Special 218 is Blue Tansy.. There are others also, but that's all I know. You can beat with a a Simpson's PJ3 and I won't talk! :lol:
The overall fragrance has woody, fruity, and green notes. Sounded pretty inviting to me and it gives me the chance to drop "Blue Tansy" in conversations, etc... :roll:
Regards,
Ron

sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Ron,

218 sounds like a great scent to me. I look forward to reading some reviews. Unfortunately, my wife has made it clear that I would be smart not to order any more shaving supplies for a while :cry:
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Just got mine...they're great scents!
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

That's not fair! Everything I order from Charles takes a WEEK! Of course, it's always worth the wait!

Randy
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Also, the Crusellas Tobacco is pretty neat too. I quite like it. The scents on those QED sticks blow me away. They're all great. The vanilla, espresso, and pine/cedarwood are to die for! They are all excellent but I particularly like those three.
guenron

Post by guenron »

Chris wrote:Also, the Crusellas Tobacco is pretty neat too. I quite like it. The scents on those QED sticks blow me away. They're all great. The vanilla, espresso, and pine/cedarwood are to die for! They are all excellent but I particularly like those three.
I wish to not hear about Crusellas Tobacco! Ask Charles why....
Bah humbug! :(
Regards,
Ron

Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

guenron wrote:
Chris wrote:Also, the Crusellas Tobacco is pretty neat too. I quite like it. The scents on those QED sticks blow me away. They're all great. The vanilla, espresso, and pine/cedarwood are to die for! They are all excellent but I particularly like those three.
Did you not like it? or did I snag the last bottle? :twisted:
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Yeah what Ron said! BAH HUMBUG!!

Won't be in stock for a few weeks. Now I have to figure out what Crusellas I want to add to my order. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Patrick
guenron

Post by guenron »

Chris wrote:
guenron wrote:
It was set aside with my order and SOMEONE WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED (SWWRU) went and sold it to another SWWRU! :cry:
Regards,
Ron

Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

guenron wrote:
Chris wrote:
guenron wrote: I wish to not hear about Crusellas Tobacco! Ask Charles why....
It was set aside with my order and SOMEONE WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED (SWWRU) went and sold it to another SWWRU! :cry:
Well, if it's any consolation, I am enjoying it immensely ;)
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i dont know why i had been ignoring the QED lavendar stick, but i asked wife to hand it to me in the shower after my usual shave. just rubbed it on the face and did some blade buffin on the neck. not bad, and no irritation. dont know why i dont use this more often.

sam