SOTD Jan. 15th - Jan. 21st

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Lyrt wrote:I sense a trend here. :lol:

Edit: btw, what are the 89 and 127 worth?
Floris 89 never goes on sale it seems, $80 US. Worth every penny. I bought the 127 half price, would be worth every penny at full price also. At first 127 goes on you don't know what to think, but the dry down is simply amazing.

If you mean what are they worth to buy from me...? Priceless! :)
Richard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Lyrt wrote:
I think the blue bottle is from the B&B decant club.
Sorry, missed that one. It is an atomizer from QED that is half and half lavender and rose Thayers Witch Hazel.

Does anyone want to buy a rare tube of Trumper Limes? :lol:
Richard
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Nahh, I indeed asked for your opinion. I’m waiting for my paycheck and in the meantime I’m drooling over our favourite shops.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Lyrt wrote:Nahh, I indeed asked for your opinion. I’m waiting for my paycheck and in the meantime I’m drooling over our favourite shops.
Floris 89 is as great as they say, but it is more a "dressy" cologne in my opinion. I save it now for weekends and special occasions. Getting Floris colognes into Canada now is very difficult and expensive, so I am rationing the good ones.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Lyrt, Floris No 89 is one of my all time favourite scents. I've worn it on and off for quite a few years. I used to buy the No 89 talc and shave soap as well, and I liked the A/S possibly even more then the cologne, as it was a little bit more versatile. None of these products are offered anymore, and I've been very lucky to get two tins of the talc at the Floris shop in NYC ( a special Holiday Season thing ) and a bottle of the No 89 A/S from Steve via the sales & trades forum. Only the cologne is still available; $70 US last time I checked, for a 100ml spray bottle. No 127 is also interesting stuff, and quite subtle. My wife wears it sometimes.
Regards,
Gordon
Bob

Post by Bob »

Saturday:

Gillette Tech razor / Gillette "Swede"
Taylor OBS Lavender Shave Cream
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet Aftershave

My first shave with the Tech. It seems like a pretty mild razor. I did a three-pass shave, which I rarely bother to do, and had no irritation.
--Bob--
timc

Post by timc »

Saturday:

Vulfix 2233
Classic Shaving lavender soap
Merkur HD
Merkur blade
Pinaud Clubman AS
Sharps Kid Glove ASB

I had some irritation on my neck today after my shave. It doesn't feel bad, but there are a few reddish spots. I think I might be trying to get too close there.

I'm a little bit embarrassed, but I microwaved my soap today and it made for a really warm lather. I was messing around with it and I stopped microwaving it before it got really hot. Then I decided to shave with it. :oops:
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Sunday

Merkur / merkur blade
Rooney 1
Tabac

Merkur /merkur blade
Vulfix
kent

I got way too confident with my head. I ended up with a poor shave, but on the bright side, there will be nice whiskers to cut tomorrow

:lol:

Clive
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

I’m starting a “real life” series. :lol: After that, I’ll go back to my artsy-fartsy shots, though I think you can’t get more artsy-fartsy than the sepia filter I’ve added today.

CF Pre-shave
Simpson’s T2 Super
Mitchell’s lanolin soap
Wilkinson TTO 1968 “Sticky” / Feather blade
Trumper’s Milk of Flowers

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Sunday

Merkur progress razor
Wilkinson sword blade
Plisson HMW #14 brush
T&H Luxury shave soap
Thayers rose witch hazel
Proraso AS Balm
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

Lyrt wrote:I’m starting a “real life” series. :lol: After that, I’ll go back to my artsy-fartsy shots, though I think you can’t get more artsy-fartsy than the sepia filter I’ve added today.

CF Pre-shave
Simpson’s T2 Super
Mitchell’s lanolin soap

great picture. i would love to see more of these in this style particularly from the more experienced such as yourself because not only do i get to see your gear, like a detective at the scene of the crime i get to see how you use it, your style, or at least i get to imagine... it seems you soak the brush in that mug and then swipe it over the soap and build a lather on your face. that's great for a newbie like me to check out how the wiser crowd does it. thanks and please keep this style going!
Tryphon

Post by Tryphon »

Lyrt wrote:I’m starting a “real life” series. :lol: After that, I’ll go back to my artsy-fartsy shots, though I think you can’t get more artsy-fartsy than the sepia filter I’ve added today.

CF Pre-shave
Simpson’s T2 Super
Mitchell’s lanolin soap

Great picture! Very interesting, thanks for posting it!
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Hello Sherlock,  :o

That’s exactly what I do. I microwave the mug filled with water, let my Simpson soak in it while I splash my face with hot water and apply the pre-shave. Then I grab the Simpson, tease the soap and build lather on face.

When I’ve finished the first pass, I soak again my Simpson for 2 seconds just to get it hot, give my soap a few swirls and build again lather on face.
schaves

Post by schaves »

sunday,

olde apothecary shop finest
trumper's lime cream
1940's gillette ss/derby blade
d. r. harris pink a/s
trumper's spanish leather cologne

s(having) m(usic) s(election): captain beefheart's 'ice cream for crow".

yesterday i received a package from charles over at qed containing lapsang souchong and jasmin silver needles tea and, last but not least, a cake of tabac soap.

sergio.
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

Edwin Jagger Small Super Badger
Musgo Real Creme para barbear
L1-Type Schick Injector w/ Schick blade
Trumpers West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food

Superb shave, but I think I'll stick to using Musgo without a brush. This wasn't appreciably better than a brushless quickie shave yesterday, and it didn't really offer a big advantage over the many English-style creams I have.

Dan
timc

Post by timc »

Sunday:

Vulfix 2233
Proraso Red
Merkur HD
Merkur blade
Feather "Kanwa" ASB + C&E Sienna ASB

Today's shave wasn't the closest I have had, but today's focus was on not overdoing it, and I succeeded in that. I had a tiny bit left of the Sienna ASB left, so I added it on top of the Kanwa.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

Jim
Bob

Post by Bob »

Sunday:

Gillette Tech razor / Gillette "Swede"
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shave Cream
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm

I'm really enjoying this Tech.
--Bob--
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sunday:

Gillette HD Rocket & Tesco blade
Simpson Polo #8 Best
Trumpers Limes shaving cream
D R Harris's Pink A/S
Trumpers Wild Fern

A nice straight forward shave, and every bit as close as the hard soap shaves of the last few days.
Gordon
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

A change from my usual shower curtain background:
After 4 shaves, I'm starting to get good results with the SCS Fairway soap: probably my inexperience with soaps caused the delay, learning to build a thick lather on my face. Great scent, fine shave.

--Glenn