Another new one on board

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
jbc

Another new one on board

Post by jbc »

Relatively new to this whole process, doing this for two months now. Have been posting around here ocasionaly not much yet. I am a very regular over at Badger and Blade. Started with electrics at the age of thirteen, boy wasn't I stupid. :evil: Never got a good day out of them at all, but was stupid. Stuck with them until thirty-nine and finally chucked the whole lot of them. Picked up a free Fusion and a Free Mach 3. Tried the Fusion once, head was to darn large. Did the Mach 3 for a month before getting my entry level 1901 clasic Merkur DE. And the rest is history. Wife thinks I am nuts, she uses disposable doubble bladed ones, but I think she is the stupid one. A harty hello from the US Capital City, home of the Nationals, Redskins, Wizards, Mystics, Captials and United.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
bladerunner

Post by bladerunner »

Welcome jbc!

I've been a wetshaver all my life. Fortunately, I never went the M3/Sensor/Fusion route. Simply too expensive and wasteful. Used an electric razor exactly once. Left my face with so many red bumps, I looked like I had the measles. I just got a Merkur, too. But not the 1901. Shaves good, but a might aggressive. I prefer the SuperSpeed.

Glad you finally found your way to the sanity and safety of the DE world.
Paul

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government." - Woody Allen

The Faxer
Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome to SMF. Stick around a while.
jbc

Hight of stupidity

Post by jbc »

I appreicate your words, but still feel quite dumb. How many stuck with the electrics for twenty-five years and never got a good day out of them ever. Thats' the height of stupidity. I guess its never to late to change.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
Rob

Post by Rob »

I used an electric for a while. But my beard is so tough that I would destroy the blades and foils within a few weeks. :( That's pretty darn expensive, too.
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

Don't be so hard on yourself. I have tried almost every electric shaver there is out there. I have on of the new Brauns, with the little wash stand. I used that for a while, but it never shaved as close as a blade. It does, however, shave my head very well. 8)

Now that I'm getting the hang of shaving with a DE I could kick myself for spending so much money on those glorified lawn mowers, but what are you going to do.