ISD Announcement Not the posting thread.

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Str8G8r

ISD Announcement Not the posting thread.

Post by Str8G8r »

Super Speeds (all years)

Classic soap (Wool fat being 1st choice)
Feather blades

SMF III (Works well with soaps and besides I haven't worn the newness out of it!)

Traditionally the ISD has been the first Sunday of the month. Let's try a week day this time. The 1st of Febuary falls on Thursday. There you have it. The ISD for Feb.
Last edited by Str8G8r on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

This may be the first ISD I can do without any new purchases, provided my brush gets here in time.
Now, no new purchases - is that good or bad news?
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

ichabod wrote:This may be the first ISD I can do without any new purchases, provided my brush gets here in time.
You have Wool Fat. That is always good news!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

ichabod wrote:This may be the first ISD I can do without any new purchases, provided my brush gets here in time.
Dominic,

That depends on whether you are on your 2nd or 3rd mortgage!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Closest I'll be able to get is a Tech with a Feather, and Arko stick soap (it's tallow-based).
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, I can cover those bases pretty well, although I'd have to substitute D R Harris's soap for the Mitchell's/Kent. Only one day, though. No way I'd use a Feather blade for a week running. My skin would simply not approve.
Regards,
Gordon
John 5

Post by John 5 »

I’m in. I have 10 Feathers dormant in my shave den. February 1 will be the first time using one. Hope my face will look presentable by the 14th, at least for my fiancé’s sake.

John
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Oh, and could somebody correct the typo in the thread title, please? Call me a stickler. Because I'm a stickler. :-)
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

John, this will be my first Feather, too. The ones I got from Letterk six months ago are still in the mailing envelope. I plan to get up 10 minutes early so I can shave verrry sloooowly and enjoy it more.

--Glenn
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Glen,
Only 10 minutes!! I figure if I get out in a half hour I'm doing well. My wife insists it is an hour.

Ouch (Pete)
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Sorry, Pete, I wasn't clear. I'm going to get up an extra 10 minutes early, and add that to my usual, embarrassingly long shave-time.

--Glenn
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

2clfrwrds wrote:Sorry, Pete, I wasn't clear. I'm going to get up an extra 10 minutes early, and add that to my usual, embarrassingly long shave-time.

--Glenn
How long of time are you talking about? Just need to know if my time is excessive or justified. SWMBO also swears it is an hour, but i think it is more like 25-30 minutes. (Only been using a DE a couple of weeks). An hour would include All three S' and probably brushing teeth.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
timc

Post by timc »

nodaktim wrote: How long of time are you talking about? Just need to know if my time is excessive or justified. SWMBO also swears it is an hour, but i think it is more like 25-30 minutes. (Only been using a DE a couple of weeks). An hour would include All three S' and probably brushing teeth.
This morning I took about 35 minutes for everything, including brushing my teeth. I didn't floss though... don't tell my dentist. 8-[

Whatever amount of time you need to get the job done right is justified, in my opinion.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

I take 25-30 minutes just to shave, from dry counter-top to toweled-down counter-top at the end -- so, about half the time of some of my first wet-shaves!

And that's another bump for the ISD announcement!

--Glenn
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Let's pray for my SMFIII to arrive tomorrow...
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Lyrt wrote:Let's pray for my SMFIII to arrive tomorrow...

[-o<
Richard
Bob

Post by Bob »

Well, I won't have an SMFIII brush. I sat on the fence too long, and didn't pull the trigger in time (even with the extension). So, I have no one else to blame. But, I will be able to use a Super Speed with some shave soap and a Feather blade.

Here's hoping we all have a great Groundhog's Eve shave.
--Bob--
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

I doubt my SMF III will be here in time, I was the last one to order one. I DO have all the other stuff though, ao I'll participate. I haven't used my Kent soap for quite a while. It'll be fun.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Lyrt wrote:Let's pray for my SMFIII to arrive tomorrow...
:(
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

Well I got on to bump this as a reminder for tomorrow but I guess I don't need to do that! Oh wait I just did...
--Charlie