Smart Shoes

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Kal, I have one pair of AE, black calf tassel slip ons, but to tell you the truth, I'm not that keen on them. They seem well enough made, but don't seem as refined as the pair of Peale/Crockett & Jones that I have. What do you think of the Alden shoes? To me, they seem the best of the remaining American makers. Of course, their shoes are as expensive as at least some of the English bench made products. So, you were in Orlando lately? Isn't the heat/humidity just grand?! Regards, Gordon
p_man

Post by p_man »

I used to wear AE, but found the toe-box a little narrow. I switched to Alden for a few years and then got a couple pairs of To Boot New Yorks. Great shoes, although I could never steel myself to get the genuine cordovans.

Aldens are really nice - comfy and well-made. The only thing to watch out for is that some models tend to grow mold, so keep an eye out for anything suspect-looking on the inside.

Dave C
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i got some donald pliner sandals in black and to be honest, they are just so so. and they were carried in our local upscale mens retailer. my ferragamo shoes are good, but sometimes i see gucci and prada and i think but for the fashion, would they be better than kmart shoes?

im really thinking one day, ill try some english tailored shirts and shoes, maybe not $900 a pair but some that are comprable in price to AE, like crockett and jones i see advertised in the ben sherman catalog out of charleston

sam
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

I'm a huge fan of Deer Stag dress shoes.

Last year I bought one pair of their "Times" in black and wore them from Jannuarry until May every few days. Then I took them for the summer in England. I wore them every day for work and wore them on my weekends of backpacking through the british countryside. I walked miles and miles in them, and brought them back to the states relatively unscathed. I continued to wear them until november as my primary shoes.

They are very comfortable, understated, and long lasting shoe.

http://www.deerstags.com/

kal

Post by kal »

Gordon, hav'nt tried Alden in a long time but I find the styling and quality of many of their models identical to AE. Also bear in mind that AE used to have some of their slip ons made in Italy and these were of inferior quality.
By the way, if my memory serves me I recall that Peale shoes were manufactured by Edward Green. I remember their beutiful shop in Paris.
Yes I did get my full of heat and humidity not to mention rain storms!!

Regards , Kal
carlesclemens

Post by carlesclemens »

I'm a huge fan of Deer Stag dress shoes.

Last year I bought one pair of their "Times" in black and wore them from Jannuarry until May every few days. Then I took them for the summer in England. I wore them every day for work and wore them on my weekends of backpacking through the british countryside. I walked miles and miles in them, and brought them back to the states relatively unscathed. I continued to wear them until november as my primary shoes.

They are very comfortable, understated, and long lasting shoe.

Novegi ! Deer Stag dress shoes is a good one but still i don't try this but i try Oxfords Mens-shoes its not so good so now i try Deer Stag dress shoes because Oxfords Men-Shoes soles is break i had buy this shoes in Nov and there soles were break in Dec 27 the life of this shoes is only one month .I had very disappointed with this.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

For dress shoes it's Church's for me exclusively. Nevertheless, I'm still trying to find a good fitting casual shoe
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Wow, nothing like seeing a quote from Joel to make you quickly check the date on the original post!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
bleedingface

Post by bleedingface »

I'm basically screwed when it comes to shoes. Not many in size 15D off the rack. As such, my shoes also usually look like junk. I usually get my shoes at Oddball Shoes.