Proraso Discounted at Target?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
paperpundit

Proraso Discounted at Target?

Post by paperpundit »

Hey guys

Just came back from a visit to the Tampa Target, and all the Proraso stuff was 50 percent off...with the orange discontinued stickers on them. I know there was another post about this, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Anyhow, Gordon, I'm afraid I scooped all the aftershave off the shelf!

Jack
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

From what I remember, he won't be terribly devastated!

-Dan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I just came from the Victor, NY store and their shelves were empty. I was a bit disappointed to say the least - I guess I'll have to drop by the Casa Di Nostra store in Ottawa's Little Italy next week.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Proraso and Omega is available everywhere in my town and the town where I work. Pharmacies, grocery store, dollar store, convenience stores, you name it. Even a massive place called "Seafood Depot" (that still has dozens and dozens of Red tubes available BTW) carries it.

It is a case of it being so readily available that I can't even be bothered to use it.

Sorry, I just had to mention that.

Just remember that we Canadians get screwed on just about everything else though when it crosses the border.
Richard
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

I was at my local Target and decided to check out the spa section. I too saw the orange stickers. I got the last two ASB's and last brush and tub of cream. I checked out the Target close to work and got their last last three ASB and three tubs. I guess this coincides with Giovanni's Announcement...sigh.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
Barbarosa

Post by Barbarosa »

rustyblade wrote: Just remember that we Canadians get screwed on just about everything else though when it crosses the border.
Yep, Yes we are.... :x :x :x
Alfred
xmemnochx

Post by xmemnochx »

The score. It's confirmed here as well, I have around 5 million Tagets within .5 miles of my home. This is all I found.

I enjoy the pre/post more than anything in the Proraso line, but it was all a great deal. $7.00 cheaper then most online shops, on the pre/post.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, this totally sucks. Or does it? My Target never kept the stuff in stock anyhow. So I guess it's not such a loss around here. But still... :(
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

rustyblade wrote:Proraso and Omega is available everywhere in my town and the town where I work. Pharmacies, grocery store, dollar store, convenience stores, you name it. Even a massive place called "Seafood Depot" (that still has dozens and dozens of Red tubes available BTW) carries it.

It is a case of it being so readily available that I can't even be bothered to use it.

Just remember that we Canadians get screwed on just about everything else though when it crosses the border.
The thing about the Seafood Depot is that everything stinks like fish, including the clothes you're wearing, when you come out. :lol: :lol:
Yep, I see Proraso everywhere, so that I don't even bother looking at the items on the shelves.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Nitrox wrote:
rustyblade wrote:Proraso and Omega is available everywhere in my town and the town where I work. Pharmacies, grocery store, dollar store, convenience stores, you name it. Even a massive place called "Seafood Depot" (that still has dozens and dozens of Red tubes available BTW) carries it.

The thing about the Seafood Depot is that everything stinks like fish, including the clothes you're wearing, when you come out. :lol: :lol:
Yep, I see Proraso everywhere, so that I don't even bother looking at the items on the shelves.
Yep, as soon as you get close to the doors the smell comes out and hits you like a shovel in the face. I was there on Thursday performing research. There is a hardware store two doors down where I get supplies for work.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jack, Yeah, Dan's right, in that, personally this doesn't impact me at all as I don't use any Proraso products. I feel badly for some of the other members, though. Plus, there was always the forlorn hope that if the Proraso sold really well, that Target, or other chains, might consider bringing in other decent products as well. Really kind of sad, as the apprearance of Proraso at Target, not that long ago, was greeted with such excitement.
Regards,
Gordon
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

bernards66 wrote:Jack, Yeah, Dan's right, in that, personally this doesn't impact me at all as I don't use any Proraso products. I feel badly for some of the other members, though. Plus, there was always the forlorn hope that if the Proraso sold really well, that Target, or other chains, might consider bringing in other decent products as well. Really kind of sad, as the apprearance of Proraso at Target, not that long ago, was greeted with such excitement.
Regards,
Gordon
I remember the excited talk of MAYBE, someday, Target or some other place getting the high end English stiff. I always thought that was funny. I did hear though that soon Wal-Mart will be carrying Rooney brushes. :D

~Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Tye wrote:...the high end English stiff...
Is that anything like the Upperclass Twit of the Year?

~ Nathan
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

I was really excited the first time I saw Proraso at Target, too. But that was before I realized there was such a great variety of wet shaving items on the Internet. And who knows, maybe they'll replace it with something we can all rave about...at least we can hope.

But I'll miss the short drive to renew my stash of preshave...
Jack

Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

On a lark I drove to Target this morning to check out the Proraso situation here in the high desert and the parking lot was empty !!!! Had they gone out of business overnight? Had they just closed the doors here in Bend, Oregon? In dismay I went to the front door and saw the 'Closed for the Easter Holiday' sign. I'll have to check out the Proraso tomorrow when they re-open the doors for the after Easter, pre May Day sale. :D :D

~Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Man, y'all have got me in a panic. I can't get to town until Tuesday, but when I do, I'm going to hit the only two Targets in the city. If it's on sale, BOY WILL MY WIFE HAVE A COW.

Clive...no comment from the peanut gallery.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Man, if Target stops carrying it, what are we going to do? We might actually have to go back to mail-ordering it, like we do 95% of the rest of the stuff we use. :wink:

Actually, I feel your pain, guys. I don't like mail ordering; I just do it because I have to. If my favorite brand(s) were available locally, I'd rejoice, just as surely as I'd lament if it were suddenly taken off the shelves.

~ Nathan
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

I'm actually one of those guys who will pay the little bit extra to get an item from a brick and mortar business. Probably why I've used so many of the Kiss My Face products. And I'm lucky, there is a shave shop in Sarasota (about an hour away) that I'll can visit on my way to the beach! They even do straight razor shaves...I just haven't broken down and tried one yet!
Jack

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Oh, balderdash, Nathan! I know very well that you have that Perfume House, or whatever it is, right there in town....full line of Trumpers, Floris colognes, and what else?..... I should be so lucky. Now, when you were in Minn., that was different. Shoot, you're better off than any of us, except the guys who live in the NYC area, Boston, Austin, or Knoxville.
Regards,
Gordon
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Yeah, but they don't carry Proraso. :wink:

~ Nathan