Proraso Discounted at Target?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jayb

Post by jayb »

Just got back from Target and all that was left were three cans of the aerosol and three bottles of the aftershave balm. I picked up a bottle of the aftershave balm but was hoping that it had the same menthol characteristics of the soap and cream. But, we'll see. It seems very similar to Nivea AS balm. I wonder how it stacks up being that it's $14 (got it for $7) compared to $5 for Nivea.
Justin
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

I stopped by my local Target (Mount Kisco) and cleaned them out. Got 2 more of the soap canisters and 3 more of the aftershave balm. All that was left was brushes.
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
jayb

Post by jayb »

minderasr wrote:I stopped by my local Target (Mount Kisco) and cleaned them out. Got 2 more of the soap canisters and 3 more of the aftershave balm. All that was left was brushes.
I was hoping that the Target where I live had some brushes left because I wanted to grab a few for my friends so that they could get into wetshaving, but none left. However, I'll probably just order a few different brushes and keep the one that I like the most and give the others to my friends. :lol:
Justin
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

jayb wrote:Just got back from Target and all that was left were three cans of the aerosol and three bottles of the aftershave balm. I picked up a bottle of the aftershave balm but was hoping that it had the same menthol characteristics of the soap and cream. But, we'll see. It seems very similar to Nivea AS balm. I wonder how it stacks up being that it's $14 (got it for $7) compared to $5 for Nivea.
Honestly I get the results (Proraso balm vs Nivea Sensitive balm) ; unless you were talking about the Nivea Cooling?
drumana

Post by drumana »

At my local Target - Proraso = gone... not even a UPC anymore

They are carrying Kiehl's products though?!

-Andrew
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

In case anyone was unfortunate enough to not locate Proraso shaving soap (not the tube) or liquid cream after shave, I have two of each that I'd be willing to let go (continental US) for my cost plus shipping. I'm not looking to make anything off this, just looking to pay forward a little bit.

8)
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
Onion

Post by Onion »

went to 3 targets in the last two days, got a brush, 1 pre shave and 3 after shaves.... left some foam and a couple of brushes... may go back for the brushes tomorrow....no shave cream in the tube to be found
deman

Post by deman »

Be sure to check the "clearance" end cap on an inconspicuous shelf end away from the main aisle not too far from the now empty Proraso space. Yet another treasure hunt from the spa section
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Our local Target as well. I scored 4 bottles of balm, and 2 jars of pre/post. Clearance priced.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
Rob

Post by Rob »

I hate you guys. ;) My Target hasn't restocked any Proraso in at least 6 months...maybe longer.
Lil' Shaver

Post by Lil' Shaver »

I stopped by my local Target and scored the following Proraso loot:
1 jar of pre/post
2 bottles of ASB
1 tube of cream

I passed on the six brushes and four cans of aerosols

dwight
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

I just remembered something while I was at the mall this evening. For those who are mainly concerned with getting the cream easily, I believe that C.O. Bigelow stuff that Bath and Body Works carries is the same stuff.

-Dan
JP

Post by JP »

While those stores stock it, they charge a higher price for it than Target did.
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

That's absolutely true, but they charge what, $10? For a tube that lasts months, that's hardly something to quibble over with no shipping involved.

-Dan
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

LostInCincy wrote:That's absolutely true, but they charge what, $10? For a tube that lasts months, that's hardly something to quibble over with no shipping involved.

-Dan
its $10 for 5oz tube, how many ounces was the Proraso tube ?
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

I happened to be in a Target today, and it happened to have a fully stocked Proraso shelf, right where it always was.

Mind you, I think Tampa Targets were among the last to get the stuff, so maybe they're just slow to remainder it.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Sam wrote:...If you see an aftershave balm, pick it up for me. They say I really need to try that
Sam,

Have you tried the Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave balm yet?
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
DEwey

Post by DEwey »

Just a reminder...Proraso green cream in a tube is sold at Bath and Body Works as C.O.Bigelow "made in Italy by Proraso" - $10.
8)

Guess I just repeated what LostInCincy said! :oops:
DEwey
Straights, Gem 1912, & Grandpa's '66 Gillette Superspeed______________________________
Google Ron Paul
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what will be lunch, LIBERTY is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote,"Benjamin Franklin
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I've got 6 bottles of ASB for sale or trade if anyone is interested.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs