I think I'm going back

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Jeremy...

Leave Nathan alone....(If you catch my drift)

The avatar looks.......................nice.

And as always...

Enjoy your shave... :) (Just don't look at the avatar while you're shaving)
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Racso_MS wrote:Leave Nathan alone....(If you catch my drift)

The avatar looks.......................nice.

Care to voice your opinion to the mods? I'm getting pressured to change it.

~ Nathan
bobbyseal

Post by bobbyseal »

Thanks guys...

It's hard to throw the towel in on the whole DE thing. I did feel like my dad and grandfather while shaving. It was kind of cool.

The honeymoon was nice. We can't wait to get back to the islands. Truly, paradise.

I'll keep you all updated. I'm still not getting ultra smooth shaves. Then again, I could only get the ultra smooth shave with the DE if I really spent some time.

Lately, I've kind of been like screw it. My face is shaven. I'm going to do one pass with the Mach 3 and be done. Maybe I'll try the other cartridge selections.

Anyway, got to do some reading. Operating with a real piece of work tomorrow. Ugh.
koeos

Post by koeos »

JackieMartling wrote:

Care to voice your opinion to the mods? I'm getting pressured to change it.

~ Nathan
Are you seriously serious? So is that why the avatar of the woman with her dress hiked up provocatively is gone? I could understand if it was a butt-nekkid woman, but that was deemed too racy by a Mod? Wow!
- Mark
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Yep, that's why. Just so you know, the official position of the administration of this website is that it is privately owned, and we are guests here. The mods and admins are interested in our opinions, but it is at their sole discretion which of our likes or our dislikes they will take into account. They have made it clear they will not be told how to run this site by the members. One mod, Gramps, puts it this way:

The Mods and Admins have the [...] job of, among other things, determining what is "apppropriate".....AND, if certain members don't like the way things are done here, MOVE. [...] This is not a subject up for discussion.... Like it, or don't... don't care. [...] This is a Gentleman's Discussion Board. If people want to see suggestive pictures, engage in what amounts to a pissing contest about how to 'properly run things..... then find a site that allows that. SMF has certain ideals and expectations of the members and always has.... NOTHING has changed.

So, now you know where you stand. Enjoy your time here.

~ Nathan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Nathan, all members joining this forum have agreed to the following as part of the registration process:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database.
The Posting Guidelines also address this:
We would like to make plain some rules that we expect our guests here to follow. Shavemyface is a forum primarily about shaving, and while we all enjoy some off-topic material, we do not want it to cause harm to the spirit of this community.
So please read the following carefully:

1. All posts containing political or religious discriminatory content will be deleted. We can ask the poster to do it, or simply do it with a reason why. The same applies to posts containing pictures or text that we consider offensive to our readers.

2. All threads started outside Off-Topic have to be primarily about shaving. Otherwise they get moved to Off-Topic.

3. Members expressing views that promulgate hatred or intolerance of religious, ethnic, sexual or political groups should be banned.

4. This is a private club to which you belong at Vince's invitation. He is under no obligation to provide you with a platform for free speech on any topic at all. You may call that censorship if you like, and please do then leave and create your own shaving forum. We expect members to post in a gentlemanly fashion and to conduct disagreements in a respectful fashion. If you receive a warning private message from a moderator please take note of it, as you may be banned for persistent disregard of these guidelines.

The Admins and Mods of SMF
Am I to assume that this is your reply to the PM I sent you last Wednesday, and that you are no longer willing to comply with these rules? Please let me know immediately.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Peter Hixt

Post by Peter Hixt »

JackieMartling wrote:Bobby, welcome to the Loser's Club, of which I am also a member. :wink:

I say that only half jokingly, since the pro-DE (and anti-cartridge) sentiment here is so strong, it can leave you feeling a little inadequate if you're susceptible either to criticism or rhetoric. (I'm not saying people's support for DEs is purely rhetorical in nature. I am saying that pro-DE statements can have the effect of rhetoric if one is swayed by them despite the contraindications of one's own experiences.) I support your decision and encourage you to hang tough with the courage of your convictions (rhetoric, indeed), provided that you are confident you gave the DE enough of a chance to make a truly educated decision about it. I personally have found the Sensor Excel, and the Trac II, give me very good shaves in less time, with less effort, and with more comfort, than DEs. No amount of pro-DE statements is going to change that. If the Mach3 works for you, that's what counts the most as far as your own shaves go. And it's your own face you have to please, not anybody here.

~ Nathan
I thought you had left, never to return. :roll :roll:
Peter Hixt

Post by Peter Hixt »

JackieMartling wrote:Yep, that's why. Just so you know, the official position of the administration of this website is that it is privately owned, and we are guests here. The mods and admins are interested in our opinions, but it is at their sole discretion which of our likes or our dislikes they will take into account. They have made it clear they will not be told how to run this site by the members. One mod, Gramps, puts it this way:

The Mods and Admins have the [...] job of, among other things, determining what is "apppropriate".....AND, if certain members don't like the way things are done here, MOVE. [...] This is not a subject up for discussion.... Like it, or don't... don't care. [...] This is a Gentleman's Discussion Board. If people want to see suggestive pictures, engage in what amounts to a pissing contest about how to 'properly run things..... then find a site that allows that. SMF has certain ideals and expectations of the members and always has.... NOTHING has changed.

So, now you know where you stand. Enjoy your time here.

~ Nathan
So why are you here? Leave SMF to the good people. You're not needed here. I was a lurker for a long time and I was glad when you left. Stay gone.