Floris

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ian

Floris

Post by Ian »

Hi all
I emailed Floris on Friday asking if the did samples of the colognes/aftershaves,i had a reply asking for my address.I have just got in from work & have a small package from them,inside is :
2ml Vetiver
Elite
Santal
Special No127
J.F
No89
25ml Elite Shaving Cream
and a sachet of Floris Natural Benifits Soothing Skin Balm & Energising Body Wash

Very good service & i look forward to trying all of these out

Ian
xChris

Post by xChris »

I enjoy quite a few of the Floris scents. With that haul of samples, you should find something that you fancy.
Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ian, You got a nice selection there. It's encouraging to see that they included some from their 'Classics' line; No 89, Vetiver, and No 127. One rarely gets any of those in samples packs from Floris in the US. Personally, No 89 is the only current Floris cologne that I buy, but I am very fond of it....a genuine English gentlemen's classic. There were a few that they used to offer that I loved as well. Enjoy.
Regards,
Gordon
Bandobras

Post by Bandobras »

I received basically the same thing in a sample pack a while back. Unfortunately, the No 127 and Vetiver vials fell off of their cards, but they vials themselves aren't marked. Now I have no idea which is which :(
- Rickie
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yeah thats something i have got to be careful of
Zaniix

Post by Zaniix »

I just tried the Elite cologne and aftershave this morning. I really like the scent and the cream works well, but I did not care for the aftershave.

The cream is also rather expensive in comparison to others.
Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Floris has always been "rather expensive"....going all the way back to the 1700s ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Zaniix

Post by Zaniix »

bernards66 wrote:Chris, Floris has always been "rather expensive"....going all the way back to the 1700s ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
(laugh) yes I know I am just pointing out the obvious. It was very annoying to me becasue I really liked the Floris shave cream it lathers very well, but the price is just too much. Maybe they will have a sale :D
Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Well, traditionally, Floris, like many other old upper crust British shops do/did have twice yearly sales. One is in January, and the other in high summer. I used to regularly pick up No 89 cologne and shave soap, and stuff for my wife at literally 1/2 price during those twice yearly sales. I don't know if they are going to still do them, though, now that their NYC shop has closed. Pay attention to their website in June/July just in case.
Regards,
Gordon
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

bernards66 wrote:Ian, You got a nice selection there. It's encouraging to see that they included some from their 'Classics' line; No 89, Vetiver, and No 127. One rarely gets any of those in samples packs from Floris in the US. Personally, No 89 is the only current Floris cologne that I buy, but I am very fond of it....a genuine English gentlemen's classic. There were a few that they used to offer that I loved as well. Enjoy.
Regards,
Gordon
I think Floris is including the No 89 and Vetiver quite frequently in US sample packs, now. I wouldn't be shocked if they're including No 89 because of the reintroduction of the line.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

Bandobras wrote:I received basically the same thing in a sample pack a while back. Unfortunately, the No 127 and Vetiver vials fell off of their cards, but they vials themselves aren't marked. Now I have no idea which is which :(
From other manufacturers, USUALLY, you can tell which one is a Vetiver because it's such a distinct smell. Floris Vetiver is less so, and makes it tougher if you don't know what Vetiver smells like.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

letterk wrote:
Bandobras wrote:I received basically the same thing in a sample pack a while back. Unfortunately, the No 127 and Vetiver vials fell off of their cards, but they vials themselves aren't marked. Now I have no idea which is which :(
From other manufacturers, USUALLY, you can tell which one is a Vetiver because it's such a distinct smell. Floris Vetiver is less so, and makes it tougher if you don't know what Vetiver smells like.
To my nose the Floris Vetiver is quite a pronounced vetiver smell. It's excellently blended but there's no doubt to me that it's a smack you in the face ditinctly vetiver scent. It really goes well after a shave with Salter's French Vetiver shaving cream.

Chris
Troy

Post by Troy »

bernards66 wrote:I used to regularly pick up No 89 cologne and shave soap, ...
I used both of these products this morning, and they are both my absolute favorites of all the colognes and shave soaps I have. Speaking of No. 89 shave soap, what is the latest word on the reintroduction of this? I recall some mention of this on the forum a few months ago.

I just checked Floris' web page and to my dismay I did not see any mention of No. 89 other than the talc. Has the Curse of Gordon's Favorites claimed another victim?

-Troy

EDIT: OK, I just found this thread, so ignore my question unless someone has new info.
The difference between theory and reality is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality, there is.
--Anonymous
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

letterk wrote:I think Floris is including the No 89 and Vetiver quite frequently in US sample packs, now. I wouldn't be shocked if they're including No 89 because of the reintroduction of the line.
I received my Floris samples today. I was specific about only wanting the scents they offered in soaps. The package contained No. 89, Elite, JF, and Santal. They all smell quite nice; now to try them on my skin for a few hours over the next few days. That kind of exposure can make all the difference in the world.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
water

Post by water »

I also contacted Floris recently and was very specific about the samples for which I was looking. Really, to be honest, the only one I really wanted was No.89.

Received a very generous sample package today but, of course, no No.89. So, I am still left in a complete state of mystery as to how it smells.

[Quite like the others they included though]

Post by goose »

I had the same thing happen to me. It must have something to do with No. 89 currently being out of stock in the states. I have thought about ordering it blind based on the reviews of others, but I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money on a fragrance I may or may not enjoy.

Clint
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

goose wrote:I had the same thing happen to me. It must have something to do with No. 89 currently being out of stock in the states. I have thought about ordering it blind based on the reviews of others, but I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money on a fragrance I may or may not enjoy.

Clint
You could sell it here in a heartbeat.
Richard
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

I've noticed a few people here are having difficulty getting Floris to send them a sampler of No 89. Luckily here in Britain they appear to be a little more generous, and this true classic is now my favourite fragrance which I wear almost daily.

If anyone who is having difficulty getting a sampler would still like one, I will gladly send them my No 89 sampler for them to try. Free of charge of course 8)

First person to PM me gets it.

Gareth
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

The sampler for No89 has now gone.
Bandobras

Post by Bandobras »

I love the 89...but I'm seriously thinking about getting a bottle of Santal.

I can't resist the smell. If they had a Santal soap I'd be in trouble.
- Rickie