It's like Christmas without the trees

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Iacchus

It's like Christmas without the trees

Post by Iacchus »

Today I received my package from Vintage Blades.
The first thing I want to mention is that Jim is a great guy to deal with. Everything made the trip without a scratch. I thought that the shipping time was a bit long, but it turns out that my post office branch had lost my package for two weeks. If they had not screwed up, I would have received my parcel two days after the completion of my order.
I will not hesitate to order from him again.

So, what was in the package you wonder?
I got a wooden bowl of Truefitt & Hill luxury shaving soap (oh man, does that stuff smell nice!).
I also got a style 2, small Rooney super badger brush in faux horn. It might be the coolest thing I now own. That brush is absolutely beautiful.

Tonight I shall shave like a king! With these two items, along with my Merkur slant, I think I shall finally get to shave properly. and here I had just gotten used to hand lathering Proraso with some skill and confidence.

Thanks to all you folks who helped me pick a nice brush.
Now I just have to convince SWMBO that I am in dire need of a Moss scuttle.
~Mitch

93 93/93
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

The T&H soap is great, and I *love* the Rooney Style 2 in Super. Great choice, IMHO. Enjoy, and report. :)
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Congratulations on the patience (!) and on the great shaving supplies.

I'm rather partial to T&H Luxury shaving soap and Rooney brushes, myself.

Have a great shave, tonight and hereafter :D

- Murray
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Re: It's like Christmas without the trees

Post by rtaylor61 »

Iacchus wrote:Today I received my package from Vintage Blades.
The first thing I want to mention is that Jim is a great guy to deal with. Everything made the trip without a scratch. I thought that the shipping time was a bit long, but it turns out that my post office branch had lost my package for two weeks. If they had not screwed up, I would have received my parcel two days after the completion of my order.

I got a wooden bowl of Truefitt & Hill luxury shaving soap (oh man, does that stuff smell nice!).
I also got a style 2, small Rooney super badger brush in faux horn. It might be the coolest thing I now own. That brush is absolutely beautiful.

Tonight I shall shave like a king! With these two items, along with my Merkur slant, I think I shall finally get to shave properly. and here I had just gotten used to hand lathering Proraso with some skill and confidence.

The scuttle? That's easy. Just leave a big mess behind every time you shave. And after a week or two, casually mention that if you had a place to park your brush between passes, you wouldn't make such a mess. Nothing to it!

Nice set up! I love my Rooney style 2, and the soap is excellent!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Iacchus

Post by Iacchus »

It won't work, Randy. We have seperate bathrooms, and I get to keep mine as clean or demolished as I please. She wouldn't bat an eye at the mess.

All the hype over the brush is true. It is a fine tool. I'll work up a post about my experience with it when I get home. I might even include some pictures.
:P
~Mitch

93 93/93
ead

Re: It's like Christmas without the trees

Post by ead »

Iacchus wrote:Today I received my package from Vintage Blades.

Cool , I really hope you will enjoy your shave :D