Shaving Loot

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
NiksaNovovic

Shaving Loot

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Good evening gentlemen! I am merely posting some pictures of my shaving gear! Please have a look and feel free to comment on anything! I also received the sample packs that I was very eagerly awaiting, from Floris of London and Geo. F. Trumper! I haven't had the chance to use any of these products yet and will definitely post my opinions of them.

Up first is my trusty '52 SS with a nice blue case that I picked up from Alfred(Barbarosa) (forgive the blurriness I am working on taking better pictures)

up next is an overview of everything that I own related to wet shaving, not including the sample goodies

next is the sample pack from Geo. F. Trumper containing Extract of Limes and Coral kin foods, samples of Rose, Coconut Oil and Violet shaving creams and samples of GFT, Astor, Wellington and sandalwood colognes.

next we have the Floris of London, which was completely free of charge might I add (I didn't mind paying $6 bucks for the Trumper kit but free is always nice) containing their Elite, Santal, and JF shaving creams as well as Elite and Santal after shave balms. I received samples of their No.89, Elite and Santal colognes as well! I must say I am now just as excited that they are bringing back their No.89 line, as some of the other forum members as I find it quite unique and gentlemanly!

next we have two angles of my NEW Ivory Moss Scuttle! in the small size. I can't wait to try this baby out! Up to now I have used a large late mug and the lather has been pretty good but not too warm, and I can't wait to compare! Thanks Dr.Moss and Sarah Bonnyman! I opted for the small size and the ivory color as I plan on only having small brushes ( I love my Vulfix 2235 and can't wait to try out my Kent BK4 when I get it!) and for it's classy looks!

That's it for my little exhibition. I hope you fine gentlemen are at the very least (edit:entertained) by my modest collection, which will only continue to grow! Thanks for looking and all the best!

Warmest regards, Niksa
Last edited by NiksaNovovic on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

that ivory scuttle is expecially nice...never saw it in that color before!
:D
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Good grief, Niksa! You haven't wasted any time, have you? :lol:

That's an impressive collection of shaving tools and supplies. (And soon there will be a Kent BK4 to join the "family." :D )

- Murray
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Sal, I'm glad that you like the look of the scuttle as mush as I do! I liked it the most out of the three that are offered. I was also happy to support a small business while ensuring hot lather for myself! :D If you are interested in one here's the website for Sarah Bonnyman, the lovely woman who hand makes these great looking pieces of art! http://www.sarabonnymanpottery.com/moss_scuttle.htm#ms

Murray, yes I can't wait for my Kent BK4, as well as that Coral skin food from Marion (marsom), the '69 Gillette Adjustable form Bob (soulshine), the Imaj Refreshing shaving cream from Paul (sillyshaver) along with a Proraso chaser generously included as a tester, a mostly-full jar of Taylor's Eton College Shave cream AND a CANADIAN Yardley English Lavender Soap bar AND a selection of Wilkinson, Feather and Euro-Gillette blades from Kirk (kirkawall), a budget starter set from Mike (redstubble) although this is a gift for a friend and not for me, a tub of J.Petremann's 1903 shaving cream ( I love the way the scent card they sent me smalls and after Moses' review plus a sale who could resist!), and i am currently bidding on some items on an unnamed auction site :oops: ! Man, I really don't waste any time do I? :shock: At the rate I'm going i might as well upgrade my PayPal account to a merchant as I will have to sell a LOT of my stash when SWMBO finds out :shock: ! Although, she is into scrap booking, which is another expensive hobby so I have some leverage! Don't worry my precious shaving supplies daddy isn't going to let anything happen to you! Man I really think I may have a problem :shock: :wink: :lol: !
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I would say that you're now officially hooked! And you have a great set of equipment and supplies to keep you going. :)
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Thanks Michael! I hope that you know that this is all your fault, along with the rest of the forum members, and I can't possibly thank you gentlemen enough! :D =D> =D> =D> =D> ! And to top it all off I am contemplating buying a tub of TOBS Avocado form Vintage Blades and taking Jim up on his offer of Harris samples to try. I have PM him my proposal to give them a fair trial as I have never used any Harris products "old' or "new" formulations. I have yet to hear back from him, which is understandable as he is running a business. I will keep you gentlemen updated and will post my full impressions of any of the Harris cream samples that Jim is kind enough to send, as well as the samples from Floris and Trumper's that I received! I really am hooked, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :lol:
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Harris is good stuff. Try one of their shaving sticks sometime. Both Tye and I have had good success with those. (And the matching aftershave for the Arlington and Marlborough is nice too. :twisted: )
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Thank you yet again Michael! I guess I really did ask for it! And I got what I deserve, more shaving product recommendations!!!!WOOT!!!!

Warmest regards, Niksa
ead

Post by ead »

You sure know how to enjoy shaving :)
Great things
You really make some guys here jealous

Also, nice picture of you and the wife :D
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Good morning gentlemen! I have yet more thing to add to my shaving loot pile! :oops: :lol: ! I know, I know I will definitely give it a rest for a while, after I get that package from Jim over at Vintage Blades! Honestly, I will! :roll: ! Anyway here is my latest round of acquisitions!

This lot is mostly things that I have purchased from the members of this wonderful board! There is the Imaj Refreshing shaving cream a free sampler of Proraso, 7 a.m. and Sharp blades that I got from Paul (sillyshaver), the Trumper's Coral skin food from Marion (marsom) along with some bonus Derby blades!, the '69 Gillette Adjustable from Bob (soulshine), as well as a tub of the J Peterman 1903 concentrated shaving cream! Enjoy!

Oh and you may be wondering just what is in that package from Vintage blades? Well two tubs of TOBS Avocado, one of Lavender, one of Rose, as well as a D.R.Harris Arlington shaving stick, as Michael makes it sound a delight to use! I do realise this looks like a lot but to get the most out of the $17.50 shipping charge I decided to go all out! Jim was also kind enough to take me up on my offer and I think he will include samples of at least some of the D.R.Harris creams for me to try! He was also kind enough to fix my order, after I accidentally ordered two tubs of Lavender! Man I think that I just found my go to shop for shaving products! Way to go Jim!

Warmest regards, Niksa

edit: these also happen to be the clearest and nicest pictures that i have taken to date! I told you guys that I was working on becoming a more adequate photographer! :D
BrianP

Post by BrianP »

Nice to see a fellow Calgarian with acquisition disorders. Just wait until you start messing around with straight razors.
"But you're not as confused as him are you. I mean, it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel."

brian
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

I can really wait for the SRAD to kick in! If my fiancee knew the sheer amount of stuff that I still have on the way she would probably hurt me! :shock: Pretty severely too! :wink: But as I said in another post I do have her obsession with scrap booking and home decor that I can use as leverage which can cost as much as our various acquisition disorders! :wink: !

Warmest regards, Niksa
ranwill

Post by ranwill »

I'm a newbie with a couple questions. How/where did you get the sample packs? Where is "Vintage Blades"?
timc

Post by timc »

ranwill wrote:I'm a newbie with a couple questions. How/where did you get the sample packs? Where is "Vintage Blades"?
Welcome to ShaveMyFace! I hope you enjoy your shave. Here is what you are looking for.

Blade sample pack: http://westcoastshaving.com/
Vintage Blades: http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

ranwill wrote:I'm a newbie with a couple questions. How/where did you get the sample packs? Where is "Vintage Blades"?
Check this thread

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11164
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Hello ranwill! I would also like to welcome you to SMF! and wish you many happy shaves! What Charlie (Gatorade) and Tim have already posted is pretty much all you need to get some samples and great shaving supplies! In case you don't know the blade sample pack from West Coast Shaving is a MUST! No way around it! It's the only way you'll be able to find a blade that works for your particular needs, as it is the blade and not the razor that actually does the cutting, of the beard or your face if you aren't careful! Luckily it has only been the beard for me so far! :D ! I would go to the Soap/Cream, Razor/Blade and Brush forums to decide what kind of products you want to start out with, or just post a query in the SMF Shaving university! The gentlemen on this forum are great about answering questions, patient and kind, so don't be afraid to ask anything! If you have any more questions about samples or anything feel free to private message me and we can talk!

Warmest regards, Niksa
ranwill

Post by ranwill »

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.
I used DE years ago with poor results, but I realize that my technique was all wrong. I would just make one pass and wonder why my face was irritated.

I'm looking forward to close shaves and no irritation or bumps. I didn't think it was possible until I found this forum.

Thanks again
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

This is just another update to let you gents know what items have arrived and what compulsions I have indulged in! :lol:

This picture is of my new lot I just got today int here are the TOBS Eton College shaving cream, Proraso cream, Yardley Lavender soap and Wilkinson blades from Kirk (kirkawall) I bought to help out Karl (yoyology), and my brans spanking new Kent BK 4!!!!! I can't wait to try this baby out. These pictures where taken pre-bloom so keep that in mind! The Kent feels softer and a bit firmer than my Vulfix but that may change after it blooms.

This second picture is a side by side of my Vulfix 2235 and the Kent BK 4

Up next we have a top down view

Next is the BK 4 in my hand

Next is the Vulfix in my hand

and finally it's another comparison shot with the wonderful Kent red leather case!

Man I can't wait to put up more pictures of the various other packages that are on their way to me! This forum has greatly improved my shaves and my photo taking abilities! :lol: ! I really do have a problem! :lol:

Warmest regards, Niksa
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

I almost forgot to ask: ranwill how are you getting along?

Warmest regards, Niksa