DE shaving is not cheaper!!!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jblackmd

Post by jblackmd »

notthesharpest wrote:
jblackmd wrote:I don't see getting a really expensive handle or even a brush for that matter, so it stays cheap for me.
You can improve your shaves greatly, with a good quality brush for under fifteen bucks. Here you go. Click on Proraso down the left side, and go to the last item in the Proraso list. You're welcome. :)

Hearing you keep saying you're not getting a brush is like watching a man whack golf balls with his hand - he says he isn't interested in getting clubs, that he just wants to play golf. :lol:
I think the golf analogy is more like this: The razor is the golf club. The beard is the ball. Using a brush would be like playing with a new Titleist, and not using a brush is like playing with a range ball. You can still play, just not quite as well.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

What you say (about the golf analogy) is true in theory, but not in practice.
jblackmd

Post by jblackmd »

I guess I'm not saying that I'll absolutely never get one, I'm just not interested in getting one at the moment.
fritz

Post by fritz »

jblackmd wrote:I guess I'm not saying that I'll absolutely never get one, I'm just not interested in getting one at the moment.
I must have missed something. If you have no brush at all, how on earth do you make your lather? Do you shave dry? Just rub the soap on your wet face???
Der Fritzer
"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and every single one of them is right!" R. Kipling
My Working Stuff
jblackmd

Post by jblackmd »

fritz wrote:
jblackmd wrote:I guess I'm not saying that I'll absolutely never get one, I'm just not interested in getting one at the moment.
I must have missed something. If you have no brush at all, how on earth do you make your lather? Do you shave dry? Just rub the soap on your wet face???
Yeah, I basically rub it into my wet face after the shower, wet my hands, it lathers up.