My foray into the world of Method Shaving……

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

One vote for the Peppermint Balm. Thank you Austin.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Austin wrote:Buy the Peppermint Balm. I would send you a sample but I sent it to clarkkent.
Yes you did and I thank you again. But I'm not touching any of his products until he posts up some damned ingredients. Hugo, PM me if you want the sample.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

clarkkent333 wrote: But I'm not touching any of his products until he posts up some damned ingredients.
Good God man, he ain't putting battery acid in the stuff! :lol:
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

I will know on and for ever use the peppermint a/s and will also use it as my daily moisturizer. The cube is now a must have for me as well...I use this to wash my face and my complextion has turned around. The lather I make with it when I shave is awsome and I receive great shaves. Sorry to be frank but I could care less if he put ground up rat fecces in his products....they work and thats what matters. I dont go to a restraunt and ask what every miserable ingredient is before I eat it. But ill keep quiet.
Sean
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Pretty good for an unlicensed guy

Post by Pauldog »

I found this explanation to be very useful. Charles posts a warning, though: "Nor, under any circumstances, is any third party licensed or authorized to teach the Roberts Method of Wet Shaving."

So I got an unauthorized lesson? I guess I'll have to go back to Palmolive Brushless!

But your explanation probably bumped up the sales of CR's products...

And I think Charles is just trying to keep others from charging for lessons he gives away.

P.S. These are some other real-life uses for the acrynom RWMS:

Redesigning the Water Management System [Everglades]
Resistive Wall Mode (pl.)
Ruggedized Wind Measurement System
Radioactive Waste Management Site
Regional Watershed Modeling System
Regional Waste Management Strategy
Reliability (of) Welded Metal Structures
Rich White Man (pl.)
Recycled Water Management System
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I have been using the CAR products and doing the Method Shaving process for about 1.5 weeks, and all I can say is that I am simply blown away by the results.

I have never experienced shaves this close or comfortable ever. My skin looks and feels amazing.

I always ask my boys (4 & 8) to feel my face after a particularly good shave - the other day after using my Feather Artist & Progress, my 4yr old came up and felt my face - he said "Dad, how'dja do that?" and on hearing that my 8yr. came up and felt my face - his only response was "Whoaaa".

I tried an experiment this morning, where I tried to sub the cutting balm and a/s for some Mont Source shaving oil I have and Trumpers Coral Skin Food.

I used my Feather Artist and Slant razor. No comparison, in terms of comfort. While the resulting end shave was not bad (not "Whoaa" status), I had far more nicks and small cuts - part of this may have had to do with the pairing of two very sharp and potentially aggressive razors - but while shaving the blades did not glide as easily or smoothly on form 3.

The Mont Source shaving oil was pitiful when compared to the CAR Cutting Balm -

Usually may face feels soft, supple and conditioned - this a.m. it was was on the edge of feeling raw (note: it feels much better now 3 hrs after the shave).

So I for one am sold, and compared to my original routine, Method Shaving is simpler, faster and provides significantly better results.
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.