This is pure torture!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

This is pure torture!

Post by Chris »

I am at work.

A box of wonderful goodies from scenic Rhode Island arrived at my house while I was at work, from the God of Toiletries, Charles of QED.

I don't get out of work for another 2 1/2 hours.

The anticipation is killing me! Opening parcels from QED is like being a kid on Christmas morning!

I'm looking forward to this order, got a tub of Trumper's Violet, a Tube of Trumper's Coconut, a tub of Taylor's Lavender (Which I LOVE!), a tub of Taylor Avocado, a bottle of Trumper's Coral Skin Food, a Lavender QED Man Soap, and a sample of Salter Mint. I can't wait to try these out!

I do believe I already have enough shaving cream to last me a couple of years...how long does this stuff keep? Does it go bad? I hope not!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Well, you're clearly seriously hooked. Didn't take long either, I must say. Personally, I've never had any shave cream go 'off' on me while I owned it. I've seen plenty in shops that was badly dehydrated, and received some from suppliers in that condition as well ( never from QED, however ). Keep it tightly lidded and away from heat sources. Regards, Gordon
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Man, what a treasure of goodies this package was! That Avocado has a nice clean, crisp scent. Not at all what I thought it would be. Skinfood and Coconut creams smell GREAT.
brothers

Post by brothers »

A few months ago I started having packages sent to the office. Makes for a nice surprise when they show up. Gives me a lift and an opportunity for a break, plus something to look forward to trying out once I get home. Another benefit is that during business hours someone is always on hand to receive it. When stuff used to come to my house sometimes the box was too large, or the shipper used UPS or Fedex and the package was laid on the front porch.

This brings up another subject. Nowadays I'm seldom ordering anything at all since I'm trying to downsize everything. There have been a great many more going out than coming in. There are definitely some new products in the pipeline that will settle the national debt and overload the postal workers, when they are released for sale. But in general, my impulse buying days are long gone.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

This thread really threw me! I wish it was 2005 again! It's time to sign-off now.....
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

No Saturday deliveries from USPS come August, so hurry and get your orders in now. All my buying days are impulse (at least they feel that way), even after I've agonized over the decision.
Ron
Ken

Post by Ken »

The post office will continue to deliver packages on Saturday after August. Mail deliveries on Saturday are being discontinued.

Ken