Samples

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
CK

Post by CK »

I got my trumper's samples yesterday. The include 4 shave creams, 6 colognes and a decent sized bottle of lime and coral skin food. I am surprised they gave so much skin food considering how much they charge for it!

I used the almond shave cream today. I wish I could see the stuff before the reformulation because what I have worked great! I finished off with some lime skin food, my own Lucky Tiger a/s and the Trumper's Astor colgne sample (pretty good fragrance).

-Charlie
AlbertAnthrax

Post by AlbertAnthrax »

Yea I am going to be in big trouble when I run out of the skinfood sample..

I have already been told to stop spending money on Shaving Items.... I do enjoy the creams I have received so far.

It has definitely helped me decide what I am going to buy and what I am going to sneak :)
Paul
CK

Post by CK »

When I run out I think I will stick to my Lucky Tiger a/s. It is much cheaper than the skin food and seems to work very well.
rdb4198

Post by rdb4198 »

CK,

I recently posted about the Almond, and supposedly it is one of the three creams from Trumper's that have NOT been reformulated along with Violet and Rose. Just FYI.
Rob
CK

Post by CK »

Rob,

That is interesting. I smelled all the creams and I think the coconut is my favorite. I heard the violet was reformulated on this board...
DrRoboto

Post by DrRoboto »

:( .....
Trumper's has had my inquiry for a full business day now, and no response.
Hope I get some info from them.
Robert
AlbertAnthrax

Post by AlbertAnthrax »

New Samples that have arrived...

The Body Shop Shave Cream and And Face Protector

Penhaligon's English Fern, Endymion, Douro and Blenheim Bouquet

I really like the English Fern. Infact along with T&H's Spanish Leather those are probably my favorites. That will change though as I have yet to wear them all as I now have 20+ cologne samples.
Paul
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Hi received the samples for T&H England,total free and great package.
This house have a great service
mikeasu

Post by mikeasu »

CK wrote:I got my trumper's samples yesterday. The include 4 shave creams, 6 colognes and a decent sized bottle of lime and coral skin food. I am surprised they gave so much skin food considering how much they charge for it!

-Charlie
I got my pack a couple days ago. Love the lime skin food, the wellington (I think) cologne sample is excellent, and I tried the almond shaving cream yesterday. Think I'd sell my first-born for a lifetime supply of that stuff! I just regret I wasted it using a gillette blade from my sampler pack - was my third shave with that blade (already had it picked as the worst brand for me so far), and worst shave so far. I blame the blade, certainly - the lather from the cream was excellent - first time using cream.
Ricardo Franca - Brasil

Post by Ricardo Franca - Brasil »

Wrote to T&H, Taylor, trumper´s and Crabtree & Evelyn asking for samples.
wanted to try some products before leaving Brasil for my vacation in europe.

Got a very nice reply from T&H offering to send me some samples

Crabtree sayed they don´t do samples and Taylor said the same. No response from Trumper´s
Renty

Post by Renty »

Ricardo Franca - Brasil wrote:Wrote to T&H, Taylor, trumper´s and Crabtree sayed they don´t do samples and Taylor said the same. No response from Trumper´s
If you can find a brick and mortar store near you they'll be glad to provide you with samples. They don't have any premade but will take them products in the store. I got mine last week but forgot to ask for almond too #-o (they took samples from open tubs and almond doesn't come in a tub anymore it seems)
Ryan
Renty

Post by Renty »

Oops. I just realized you are in Brazil.
Ryan
Ricardo Franca - Brasil

Renty wrote:
Ricardo Franca - Brasil wrote:Wrote to T&H, Taylor, trumper´s and Crabtree sayed they don´t do samples and Taylor said the same. No response from Trumper´s
If you can find a brick and mortar store near you they'll be glad to provide you with samples. They don't have any premade but will take them products in the store.
that sounds like a great idea... Ill try to get my samples at the beginning of my trip to London so at the final days I can decide what to buy
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Ricardo Franca - Brasil wrote:
Renty wrote:
If you can find a brick and mortar store near you they'll be glad to provide you with samples. They don't have any premade but will take them products in the store.
that sounds like a great idea... Ill try to get my samples at the beginning of my trip to London so at the final days I can decide what to buy
Ricardo, that sounds perfect for you. I'm sure you'll have no problems getting samples when you go to the actual flagship stores in London.
nedquimby

Post by nedquimby »

OK, you guys have sold me on the high end/gourmet/whatever shave thing. So I thought I'd try some of the colognes generally recommended around these parts. I began my search for the perfect scent with Floris. My samples arrived a few days ago, and I just wanted to share my wife's reaction to the scents, after they dried on my skin:

No. 89: "Hotel soap with a hint of Lysol"
Vetyver: "My 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Johnson"
Santal: "Almost manly"
Elite: "Comb over"
Limes: "Citronella candle. Do you think it would keep mosquitoes away?"
JF: "Cool Water for twice the price"

This is going to be tougher than I thought.

Mike
DrRoboto

Post by DrRoboto »

nedquimby wrote:OK, you guys have sold me on the high end/gourmet/whatever shave thing. So I thought I'd try some of the colognes generally recommended around these parts. I began my search for the perfect scent with Floris. My samples arrived a few days ago, and I just wanted to share my wife's reaction to the scents, after they dried on my skin:

No. 89: "Hotel soap with a hint of Lysol"
Vetyver: "My 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Johnson"
Santal: "Almost manly"
Elite: "Comb over"
Limes: "Citronella candle. Do you think it would keep mosquitoes away?"
JF: "Cool Water for twice the price"

This is going to be tougher than I thought.

Mike
:shock: ouch...very discerning this one...lol
Robert
JuniorNA

Post by JuniorNA »

Here are the samples I received

eshave - preshave/shaving cream/after shave balm
truefit - one great shave - oil/cream/balm
A.O.S. one great shave - same as above
smart shave - ingrown treatment - preshave/cream/after shave
Trumpers - one shave worth
Nickel Shaving - ingrown treatment pre/cream/after

so far i'm good for about 6 months. Nice

Joe
JeffNYC

Post by JeffNYC »

AlbertAnthrax wrote:New Samples that have arrived...

The Body Shop Shave Cream and And Face Protector

Penhaligon's English Fern, Endymion, Douro and Blenheim Bouquet

I really like the English Fern. Infact along with T&H's Spanish Leather those are probably my favorites. That will change though as I have yet to wear them all as I now have 20+ cologne samples.
Where did you get the Penhaligon samples? Did you get it from a brick-and-mortar or did your order the the 10 vial sampler from them direct?
AlbertAnthrax

Post by AlbertAnthrax »

I did not know that they had a 10 vial sampler.. I just sent them an email requesting samples
Paul
Ricardo Franca - Brasil

Floris Samples

I wrote all the major suppliers (3Ts, Floris, C&E).
Taylor and C&E wrote back saying they didn't have samples. T&H sent me a nice email promising to send some .
Floris didn't write me back but exactly one week later I got a nice pack with the samples.
actually I was more interested in shaving products so it was good to get their generous sample of elite cream, but it would have been even better isf they had sent some after shave to try too

anyway, they were fast and sent it all the way to Brasil for free. Now That's good service