WWW.SUPERLATHER.COM IS OPEN!!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
paydepst
Vendor

WWW.SUPERLATHER.COM IS OPEN!!

Post by paydepst »

UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

WWW.SUPERLATHER.COM IS OPEN AT LAST!!

The shaving cream store thread has finally grown up and now has its very own URL!

Go here-
http://www.superlather.com

I want to thank everyone for their patience and interest in my undertaking. The website is functional and everything that's available now has an add to cart button beside it. The Italian merchandise is still on hold owing to the supplier being away on holiday until September but I plan on using this as an opportunity to order more Floid. If you're interested in any of the Italian items let me know at help@superlather.com. All of the Italian items are low stock or by request until I see how they fare in the sales category. The only Italian item that is a regular stock item right now is the Noxzema.

All business inquiries, concerns, and heaven forbid complaints, need to be addressed to help@superlather.com. I promise I read them all and respond as quickly as possible. Once I get a business phone I will incorporate that into the website. In the meantime all patrons will receive my personal contact details.

I will continue to tweak the website going forward hopefully making it function better as well as adding to or modifying product. A few people have requested I add some product lines. The Floid page is a result of one such request. I am looking into others but for the moment this is a humble enterprise and I have to crawl before I can walk. But with the good folk in the shave forums sending me their hard earned shekels I hope to be running in no time.

I have tested the website in FireFox and IE. In IE the .png files aren't displaying correctly. You will note them by their blue backgrounds. I haven't taken the time to diagnose this problem but I shall. In Firefox there is a slight bug with the PayPal shopping cart. When you click add to cart it does it in another tab that usually opens behind the window you're in. When you click on that window and then hit "continue shopping" so that you can go back to the website nothing happens. This is a PayPal bug and they apparently have no desire to remedy it. I expect Firefox to address it soon. All you have to do though is click on the tab of the window you were in previously and you are back to the website. No data is lost. Let me know if there are any other problems. The shopping cart works properly in IE however.

The shipping is a flat rate of $7.00 for all customers in the US, UK, and Canada. It will ship either Parcel Post or Priority in the US dependent upon weight. It will go First Class International to the UK and Canada. If you are not a resident of either of these countries contact me first at help@superlather.com and we will work it out.

I only accept PayPal online. Your credit and debit cards are welcome. As far as I know I have all of the "switches" properly thrown on the cart processing software but let me know if I don't.

I will accept both domestic and international postal money orders for the amount of purchase however. If you wish to pay this way email me before placing your order.

So there you have it! Now go buy some Eurocreams at Superlather.com and feel free to post your positive testimonials here in this thread as I plan on loading them up to the website in a "Customer's Comments" page or some such.

For those that don't know me and are wondering who I am and if I can be trusted you can check me out on Ebay as mjl1297. I've got perfect feedback there and you can pm me or email me for more credentials if you need them I have no problem with that! :D

Cheers!
Last edited by paydepst on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

I was in on the B&B group buy and I have nothing but great stuff to say about Mark. He sold great products at a great price and the communication was excellent. I highly recommend him.

~Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

Tye wrote:...I have nothing but great stuff to say about Mark. He sold great products at a great price and the communication was excellent. I highly recommend him.
+1

I just received my order, two Erasmic shave sticks. Great price, great service. I highly recommend the Shaving Cream Shop/Mark!

8)
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

minderasr wrote:
Tye wrote:...I have nothing but great stuff to say about Mark. He sold great products at a great price and the communication was excellent. I highly recommend him.
+1

I just received my order, two Erasmic shave sticks. Great price, great service. I highly recommend the Shaving Cream Shop/Mark!

8)
Thanks Jim! Enjoy the shave!! :D
Kind regards,
Mark

Shop www.superlather.com today for Irisch Moos,Erasmic,Palmolive,Gillette,Floid,La Toja,and more!!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Just want to put a good word in... I ordered a tube and stick of Erasmic and a Palmolive shave stick. Fast shipping, great service and all that. :D
Richard
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Thanks so much Richard!
Kind regards,
Mark

Shop www.superlather.com today for Irisch Moos,Erasmic,Palmolive,Gillette,Floid,La Toja,and more!!
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Bump for the update!! See first post!!
Kind regards,
Mark

levente

Post by levente »

Anyone had any experience with the Gillette lather shave cream that will be offered on this site? It is my understanding that it is made in England.

Regards,
Basil
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

levente wrote:Anyone had any experience with the Gillette lather shave cream that will be offered on this site? It is my understanding that it is made in England.

Regards,
Basil
UPDATE: BASIL you are correct the Gillette creams are made in the UK and sold on the Continent. Go figure!

Basil, the Gillette cream I'm selling is only made under exclusive licence in Italy as far as I am aware. The same goes for the Palmolive Original, Palmolive Menthol, and the Noxzema. As the importer/seller of these items I am also a user but with the exception of the Floid, I have not tried any of the Italian items yet as my first order has been delayed by the supplier being on holiday. They are back now and I can hardly wait for the first Italian shipment. I spoke with them earlier today and they said they would get back to me on Wednesday as my number doesn't come up in the queue until then so I'm expecting the shipment to go out this week. I also plan to order some more Floid as the interest in that has really kicked up.
Last edited by paydepst on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Updated the website with some in stock product pictures and some product reviews with the personal touch. I hope you guys find it helpful.

The Italian product is on the way and should be here in the next few weeks. I have been in contact with a new Italian supplier over the weekend and he should be able to get the product to me much quicker at a lower shipping cost. I am waiting to hear back from him now. I will keep you posted as to how that goes. I will also be able to get some products from him that my other Italian supplier doesn't stock (large tubs of Proraso, a few other Italian soaps and creams, etc.) so I'm looking forward to that.

So stay tuned as the best is yet to come.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

PRESENT FROM ITALY!

A sampling of what just arrived the other day! :D Check http://www.superlather.com for updates. I am in the process of bringing the website current to reflect the inventory changes.

All of the Floid is sold. More will soon be on the way from another supplier I've found. If you are interested in the Floid it is best to email or pm me with your particular requirements and that way you can be assured of having some reserved for you. Because of the weight limits and the extraordinarily high shipping costs on the Floid, I am forced to keep the orders small so it helps to get on the list in advance. I will not invoice you until the Floid arrives so there is no requirement to pay in advance. Floid is a regular stock item it's just hard to keep in stock in any quantity because of the shipping restrictions (bad thing) and the demand (good thing :D).

I will be invoicing those who have preordered the Floid. I will also be contacting the individuals who specifically reserved the Noxzema and Italian Palmolive formulations.

Get your orders in now for the Italian product as it looks to sell out quickly. I am already getting another order together from the first supplier as soon as his stocks are replenished. More Floid will soon be on the way as well.

More UK product is also on the way and should arrive next week.

One other thing I must mention here. In the past whenever someone has ordered from me and I'm out of an item I have afforded them the option of a partial refund or to go ahead and pay and accept the item under separate cover with me covering the shipping on the second parcel. I will continue to do this for the UK products however due to the high shipping costs associated with the Italian product I will not be able to do that. If you order an Italian item and I am out of stock I will refund the money, note your interest, and when the next shipment comes in I will email or pm you to see if you still want the product at which time you can reorder-sort of an unofficial preorder if you will. I know it's not an ideal arrangement but it's the best I can come up with for the moment and I hope everyone understands.

I do want to thank everyone for being so patient with this first shipment from Italy. Hopefully, the next ones will come even quicker and arrive undamaged like this one.

Now get on over to http://www.superlather.com.

:D
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

NEW UPDATES ON THE WEBSITE!! :D
Announcement concerning more new product arrival dates.

New product announcement.

FAQ added.

Some more product pictures added.

Some more product reviews added with more to come.

Big doings at http://www.superlather.com so what are you waiting for?:D
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Just posted some updates on Superlather.com. It was especially necessary in light of some "upgrades" that PayPal made to the shopping cart software.

From my website-

Due to changes made by PayPal to their shopping cart software your shipping and handling charges will not display until you get ready to check out. You have to enter either your zip code or your country of origin if outside the US before it displays your shipping charges. Why PayPal has chosen to do this is beyond me since it was working fine the way it was. Please note that on orders to the US, Canada, and the UK, I typically charge a flat $7.00. If you reside in a country other than those three, please contact me at help@superlather.com for an invoice and please provide a backup email address if at all possible in the event I am unable to reply to the one you've sent me as this has happened before.

I have updated a couple of other pages as well so be sure to visit and hit the refresh button to make sure you have the latest.

I have added a way to order the Floid decants from my website.

I would appreciate it if everyone would include a backup email address in their communications to me from now on. I recently had a customer inquire about Floid decants and I could not respond to his provided email address as it kept being returned to me.

Italian products should ship during the first part of the week!

Thanks everyone for your patience and support!
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Just a brief update.

I have two Floid orders working. One is on the way and due to arrive any day now. The second and larger one has been delayed in shipping and I'm working to resolve it with the courier. It has something to do with processing over in Italy on orders submitted online from the type of account I have with them. Hopefully I will get this problem resolved soon. :mad:

Anyway the first Floid order is a smaller one so I will be filling them in the order I received reservation requests as that is the only fair way to do it I think.

Just thought I would keep you posted. See what I go through to get you guys a bit of Floid? :D

All of my other orders (UK and Italian) are on target and should be here next week.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Guys more of the UK product is in! 8)

Heard from my courier today and the big Floid order is on its way!!!

My other Italian shipment (some Floid, Nox, Palms, and Gillettes) is coming any day now.

Stay tuned to the website and check for product updates and additions.

When the Floid gets here I will start emailing people in the order of reservation telling them their order is ready so watch for that.

I've had several people ask what all is involved in reserving a bottle of Floid. It's pretty simple really. All you do is send an email to me at help@superlather.com and indicate your preference and quantity requirements. No prepayment and no deposit just wait until you hear
from me.

I've also been asked why I'm taking orders ahead. It's just worked out that way. This is still a business very much in its infancy and I have to be careful how much product I order. Of all the products I stock the Floid is the heaviest and costs the most to ship. Shipping charges are horrendous from Italy on light parcels and a six pack of Floid weighs about six pounds. So the weight is a restriction. So rather than telling everyone to watch for the "In Stock" notice on my website and potentially miss out I started taking reservations on a "first come, first served" basis and so far it has worked out really well and everyone has been very understanding and patient.

I will be updating my shopping cart sometime this weekend. I long ago realised the limitations of PayPal's anemic cart and it's clear they are going to do nothing to improve it. I mean they've been "working " on it for years now. My main complaint is there is no way to do dynamic lookups on the shipping costs and accurately bill shipping. I've been charging a flat rate of $7.00 but this is not the ideal solution. For one thing if a customer just wants to pick up a single tube of the Erasmic or one stick he's going to balk at paying a $7.00 shipping fee. And I don't blame him. My solution to this has been to refund a couple of dollars when people have made purchases like this but I'm sure a few folk have escaped my notice. I hate paying high shipping as much as the next guy and doubtless it has cost me a few smaller orders. On the other hand when I get a big order it rapidly eats up $7.00. I need to strike a balance and this new cart will do real time look ups and cost the shipping according to weight and distance. I make no money on shipping. The only thing I will be including above shipping charges is a small handling fee to help defray the costs of shipping supplies.

So far all has gone well and I've received many constructive comments and compliments both on and off forum. I appreciate it. The goal of this undertaking was threefold-

1: to afford wetshavers a reliable and affordable source for hard to find European creams and aftershaves

2: to have fun serving the wetshaving fraternity whilst doing it

3: to make absolutely certain I never ran out of shaving cream or soap again! :D

It seems to be working so far!

I do take seriously all requests for product additions. Not too long ago I had a request for Wars and Lider creams. These are Polish creams and unfortunately none of my current suppliers stock them or can get them. So I will not be carrying them in the foreseeable future. I've also had requests for a couple of British creams that I'm currently looking into but have not found a supplier for yet.

I have had some requests for Proraso. I made the decision not to stock Proraso due to its ready availability elsewhere and the fact that C.O. Bigelow markets a rebranded version of it through Bath and Body Works which is where I purchase mine when I need some. However, I have had a number of people ask about the 500ml tubs of Proraso Pre/Post and the 500ml tube of Proraso Green. I do not stock these but if you want them you can reserve it just like a bottle of Floid and I will get it for you. The price for either one is $12.00. I will be adding this information to the website later but you heard it here first!!

Thanks everyone and keep checking Superlather for all the shaving news that is shaving news! :D

ONE OTHER THING THE COURIER SHIPMENT SHOULD BE HERE IN DAYS NOT WEEKS! SO KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!
Last edited by paydepst on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards,
Mark

CootchyCoo

Post by CootchyCoo »

paydepst,

What is the absolute best shaving cream that will give me the sleekest, smoothest shave? I am looking for something that will maintain moisture in the skin after shaving.

Thanks,

CC
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

CootchyCoo wrote:paydepst,

What is the absolute best shaving cream that will give me the sleekest, smoothest shave? I am looking for something that will maintain moisture in the skin after shaving.

Thanks,

CC
Well, of the ones I sell they will all do that I think. I'm not being cagey, it's just really difficult to give an answer to a question like that as it is so subjective.

If you are asking me to pick one that especially suits your cream request, I would pick the Noxzema because it is basically like shaving with the cream that women use on their face and body to keep it smooth and hydrated. However, if you are averse to menthol you will not want to use this cream as it is the strongest menthol cream I sell.
Kind regards,
Mark

CootchyCoo

Post by CootchyCoo »

Thanks Mark!
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Guys...

DON"T...I say...don't get excited but...

THE FLOID IS IN!!

:D :D :D :D

Film and pictures at 11! :D

I will start invoicing in the order I received Floid requests tomorrow when I get home from work. Can't do it now because I've got to go in early tonight and even a bloke with my rugged good looks needs his beauty sleep!

Just thought I would let everyone know. More detailed post tomorrow.

ACRES OF FLOID!!

As most of you already know the large order of Floid is in. It only took a few days to arrive. The smaller order from Italy with a bit more Floid and most of my creams should be here some time this week. I want to thank everyone for being so patient and now your patience is about to be rewarded.
Anyway I will start invoicing later today when I get home. I'm at work right now so it can't be done at the moment. As stated before I will be going by the order your reservation was placed as I think that is the only fair way to do it.
I will be placing another order for more Floid this Friday which should arrive next week some time. If I can't fill your reservation from this order, don't worry, I haven't forgotten you-I will get you on the next order. If you want to reserve a bottle of Floid now is a good time to do it.
Also if you are interested in the following:

Proraso Pre/Post cream 500ml Tub

Proraso Shaving Cream 500ml Tube

P160 Shaving Soap

Let me know as I will add them to the order. These are by request items only and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future. I will be adding them to the website as such in the next day or two. The retail price for each item is $12.00.

Anyway look for your invoices. Email me at Superlather.com with questions. Get your reservations in by Friday for my next order if you are interested. I will be ordering some extra Floid in an attempt to get a bit of stock ahead but I do want to make sure everyone that wants to reserve has the opportunity to do so.

Many thanks guys!
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Just a very quick update guys-

Some of you may have had some orders go through Superlather without the shipping charges being assessed. This can be attributed to yet another one of PayPal's submoronic "upgrades" to their shopping cart. PayPal's motto:"If it ain't broke-FIX IT!" I have that straightened out and I believe I've contacted everyone that had an order process incorrectly.

In the next few days, I will be upgrading the shopping cart to a third party cart. I have already purchased it and am tinkering around with the code and doing test pages offline. Once it goes live which will be this week sometime hopefully, I will be able to offer dynamic shipping lookup with an option of more than one provider. The cart will figure shipping based on weight and distance so the charges will be a bit more realistic which will benefit us all. The only charges above actual shipping costs will be a small handling fee to cover the costs of packing materials.

I have everyone's product reservations and will be placing the orders with my Italian suppliers as soon as they get back from holiday. Apparently this past weekend was a religious holiday which took in Monday as well since I didn't hear back from any of them. I do plan to make some telephone calls when I get home in the morning.

All of the paid Floid orders have shipped. There are a couple of orders waiting for payment processing as I write this but they will be going soon. Some of you have already received yours and I hope you are enjoying them. A big thank you to everyone for coming through and making http://www.Superlather.com a roaring success. I plan to order some stock ahead on the next Floid order and keep some on hand.

I am still waiting on the Italian shipment with the Palmolive Menthols to arrive. Technically it is not late but it is taking longer than my previous order. It won't actually be overdue until Thursday but I am already starting to get a little uneasy in my mind. As a result, barring any unforeseen complications, I plan to start importing all of my Italian orders via my courier from now on. The shipping costs are higher but if I place large enough orders it should defray the costs enough that I can preserve the current pricing structure. I will continue to import the UK items by post however.

In the coming weeks I plan to add a page showing items that I do not regularly stock but can order by request. I also plan to be adding two Italian creams in the near future to the regular stock pages.

I continue to look for suppliers for the Pitralon and the Spanish Floids so stay tuned for that. That's all for now and thanks again everyone!!

Just a very quick update guys-

Some of you may have had some orders go through Superlather without the shipping charges being assessed. This can be attributed to yet another one of PayPal's submoronic "upgrades" to their shopping cart. PayPal's motto:"If it ain't broke-FIX IT!" I have that straightened out and I believe I've contacted everyone that had an order process incorrectly.

In the next few days, I will be upgrading the shopping cart to a third party cart. I have already purchased it and am tinkering around with the code and doing test pages offline. Once it goes live which will be this week sometime hopefully, I will be able to offer dynamic shipping lookup with an option of more than one provider. The cart will figure shipping based on weight and distance so the charges will be a bit more realistic which will benefit us all. The only charges above actual shipping costs will be a small handling fee to cover the costs of packing materials.

I have everyone's product reservations and will be placing the orders with my Italian suppliers as soon as they get back from holiday. Apparently this past weekend was a religious holiday which took in Monday as well since I didn't hear back from any of them. I do plan to make some telephone calls when I get home in the morning.

All of the paid Floid orders have shipped. There are a couple of orders waiting for payment processing as I write this but they will be going soon. Some of you have already received yours and I hope you are enjoying them. A big thank you to everyone for coming through and making http://www.Superlather.com a roaring success. I plan to order some stock ahead on the next Floid order and keep some on hand.

I am still waiting on the Italian shipment with the Palmolive Menthols to arrive. Technically it is not late but it is taking longer than my previous order. It won't actually be overdue until Thursday but I am already starting to get a little uneasy in my mind. As a result, barring any unforeseen complications, I plan to start importing all of my Italian orders via my courier from now on. The shipping costs are higher but if I place large enough orders it should defray the costs enough that I can preserve the current pricing structure. I will continue to import the UK items by post however.

In the coming weeks I plan to add a page showing items that I do not regularly stock but can order by request. I also plan to be adding two Italian creams in the near future to the regular stock pages.

I continue to look for suppliers for the Pitralon and the Spanish Floids so stay tuned for that. That's all for now and thanks again everyone!!

Addendum to the above:

Regarding the Alt-Innsbruck, I have been looking into this one too. I would appreciate anyone that has a bottle of the following in the cupboard-

Spanish Floid (either one will do)
Swiss Pitralon
Alt-Innsbruck

Copying down all the details on the label and forwarding them to me in either a pm or an email at Superlather.com.

Also for those of you that received the Floid, what did you think of the packing? I am interested in your feedback on this.
Kind regards,
Mark