Coate's Shaving Cream Tube.

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Aztecface

Coate's Shaving Cream Tube.

Post by Aztecface »

I have been in contact with a known company that still has quite a few tubes of Coate's Rose Shavingcream and i was wondering if there were others here that were interested in purchasing some. I for one want 2 tubes but the company wont ship overseas so i was wondering if someone wanted to purchase a tube or a few for themselves they could include my 2 tubes to the order and send them to me. Is there a possiblity and an interest in this?
Regards,
Jani
Bob

Post by Bob »

This is quite interesting. There seemed to be a debate about the Coates creams that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Some folks said they weren't the "real thing", and that they didn't lather as well. I recall that the pots had "Creighton's" on the bottoms, rather than "Coates" (unless I'm misremembering). Others thought that the pots were the real deal.

Can we get some info from you folks who purchased the stock that suddenly appeared at Pasteur's? What are your thoughts on that batch of Coates? Is there any definitive marking on the tubes?

Frankly, I'd be interested in buying a few tubes if I thought they were equals of the pots of Coates I've used. I'm not interested, though, in paying a premium for the product of a second-rate batch.
--Bob--
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Bob wrote:I'm not interested, though, in paying a premium for the product of a second-rate batch.
Neither am i.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bob, That somewhat questionable Coate's was all in pots, as far as I know. Coate's was always interesting in that regard. As is/was the case with other firm's cream that was packed in plastic tubes, the Coate's was not as dense in the tubes as in their pots. BUT, unlike some others, it seemed to lather and shave just about as well. I still have around half a dozen of these tubes, but I'm rather reluctant to use them, as they are just so convienant for traveling ( as well as being such a fine cream ).
Regards,
Gordon
vcowman

Post by vcowman »

I am interested! pls post details as far as price, etc.
Nik In San Diego
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

$17.50 per tube. I don't think that's very expensive. I don't know if we will be able to have some sort of discount depending on the ammount we purchase or how much shipping will come around to.
Regards,
Jani
Donatzsky

Post by Donatzsky »

I'm certainly interested.
Nis
Je ne suis un homme sans fautes
Ralphie

Post by Ralphie »

I wish someone could find some of the lime cream. Have tried the almond,sandalwood and =P~ tea tree.
Richie
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the info, Gordon. Based on that, I'd certainly be interested in buying several tubes.
--Bob--
dridiot

Post by dridiot »

Hi,

Missing these already???

Regards,
Jason
reggiano

Post by reggiano »

Aztecface wrote:$17.50 per tube. I don't think that's very expensive. I don't know if we will be able to have some sort of discount depending on the ammount we purchase or how much shipping will come around to.
$17.50 for a 1.7 ounce tube is VERY expensive. I bought tubes last year for 9 bucks on ebay, and online sellers had them for that price as well before it all started disappearing.

You are better off checking the stock at Pasteurs and paying twice the price for three times the cream.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

As i contacted the company that told me they had several tubes left today... they told me they only had one left. I snagged that one rigth away. I'm in the process of deling with another vendor and i will get back to you all when i have a satisfactory answer from them.

Jani
Regards,
Jani
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I have found that there is a small difference in the Coates in a pot vs that in the tube. I do so love the Coates sandalwood and would, if it was the same formulation, think twice on a Coates rose pot, but not at $35.00 and shipping.
dridiot

Post by dridiot »

Sam wrote:I have found that there is a small difference in the Coates in a pot vs that in the tube.
x2

Regards,
Jason
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Today i've found one more tube. Snagged that one as well. I'll keep you guys posted on further development.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, I've used a lot of Coate's cream, and while I agree that there is/was a definate difference in the texture from pots to tubes, I never noticed any significent difference in the actual lather or shave quality. And, as you know, I always disliked plastic tubes, so I was LOOKING for a difference, so that I could pounce upon it, and loudly proclaim it on the shave boards; but, I never did find one to speak of. I always thought that the T&H was not, and is not, as good in the plastic tubes as in the pots, and the old Taylors also. But all the Coate's tubed creams that I've had have been excellent.
Regards,
Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

The only difference to me between Coates tubes and pots was that the tube cream was a little harder to lather for some reason. Same shave, you are right about that.

Sam
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gentlemen, all of my attempts have become futile in finding a larger supply of these creams. I only found 2 and bought those for myself. I'm sorry for being the bringer of bad news.
Regards,
Jani
Bob

Post by Bob »

No need to apologize. I appreciate the attempts you've made. I doubt we'll be seeing many more hidden stashes of Coates, especially since the Times article.

Heavy sigh
--Bob--
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I beleive i bought the last 2 available in any store in the US.
Regards,
Jani