Using Shaving Sticks in a More Conventional Way

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Rik

Using Shaving Sticks in a More Conventional Way

Post by Rik »

Greetings,
I must admit up front that I'm primarily a shaving cream guy - the only soaps I use regularly are in a tub. This allows me to grab the correct amount of soap and use my regular shaving bowl – which sits in another bowl of scalding hot water.

I wasn't real thrilled with the shave stick form factor because I like all of my applications with the brush to be very warm and I was only able to achieve this with the first application. It usually takes me 3-4 passes for a superior shave.

Charles is offering such a wonderful assortment of fragrances that I want to try, but don’t want to have to melt each into it’s own container.

Yesterday I came up with a way to have my soap and use it too – I melt it right in my daily shaving bowl. Because I preheat my brush in the bowl which sits in a hot water bath, it is warm enough to melt just the right amount of soap and provide enough hot lather for the entire shave. When I’m done I rinse everything out and am ready for another day!

Preheating bowls

Preheating Brush

Melting Soap In Bowl

Surface of Soap Still In Liquid State

After 15 - 20 Swirls.

Take care,
Rik
Last edited by Rik on Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Damn fine job there Rik. Where'd you get the brush? :lol:

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Rik

Post by Rik »

Thanks Randy. Why my brush looks just like your avatar. What are the odds?!?
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Nice idea. Just the right amount of soap (after you learn how, I guess), no waste, cleanup is easy.