Vidyut Supermax blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Vidyut Supermax blades

Post by FiReSTaRT »

I bought a pack of those to try'em out b/c they were fairly cheap. Later on I heard some good things about'em but since I shave with a DE rarely and the Derby blade in my Tech just wouldn't quit, I didn't get around to trying it out until now.
Verdict: ABSOLUTE JUNK!!! DO NOT BUY!!!
Details: It did a lot of pulling and no cutting. I ended up putting in another Derby and doing a pass. My face didn't get a clean shave because I didn't dare go for 2 passes after torturing my face with the Supermax.
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

I have found Supermax to be not that bad. They are not among the elite but I can manage several decent shaves with one of 'em. I think, because of my medium light beard and the fact that I diligently prepare my whiskers with hot towels for each shave, I can get a pretty good shave with most brands of blades.
Rich
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

I could almost go dry and still get a decent shave from a Derby blade. Considering the amount of prep I did for this particular shave, the SM blade should have done a decent job and not just pulled without actually cutting the whiskers.
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

The blade might have been a dud, too. It isn't common, but I've heard this complaint occasionally about even the "better" brands.

Enough people do well with this blade, that you can't just say no one should use it. What we do know is that the one blade you tried didn't work for you.

- Murray
Brutus

Re: Vidyut Supermax blades

Post by Brutus »

FiReSTaRT wrote:I bought a pack of those to try'em out b/c they were fairly cheap. Later on I heard some good things about'em but since I shave with a DE rarely and the Derby blade in my Tech just wouldn't quit, I didn't get around to trying it out until now.
Verdict: ABSOLUTE JUNK!!! DO NOT BUY!!!
Details: It did a lot of pulling and no cutting. I ended up putting in another Derby and doing a pass. My face didn't get a clean shave because I didn't dare go for 2 passes after torturing my face with the Supermax.

Tried them a few months back.
Actually, tried one blade for two days, tried another blade for one day and then threw the pack away.

Like you, I was decidedly unimpressed with them.
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

CMur12 wrote:The blade might have been a dud, too. It isn't common, but I've heard this complaint occasionally about even the "better" brands.

Enough people do well with this blade, that you can't just say no one should use it. What we do know is that the one blade you tried didn't work for you.

- Murray
It's possible but I gave my opinion based on my experience with that piece of tin foil.
suffolksupplies
Vendor

Post by suffolksupplies »

I have just used a super-max stainless blade for four shaves & had great results (another two shaves in it I think). If a blade doesn't feel right it might be a dud, but it's also possible that this blade isn't for you.

Well respected blades such as Gillette Platinum, Derby & Crystal do not work for me, so blade choice is very much WEWFY.

Paul
Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com