GUM

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

GUM

Post by salbev »

i chew gum a couple times a day. it's a nice way to break up the day a little. i was having a hard time finding a good brand because i didn't want sugar and i didn't want aspertame. nearly all sugar free gum has aspertame in it. i recently tried a brand called B Fresh. it was at whole foods at the checkout line. it has no sugar and no aspertame. it is sweetened with xylitol which is a good thing. the flavor does NOT last very long but i don't mind. this gum is that good.

here's the link but you can find it at whole foods...

http://www.bfreshgum.com/

-sal
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

big gum chewers are we??? :lol: :lol: well, alrighty then. still it's a pretty darn good piece of gum they got there.

$.02
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

I'm always looking for good sugar-free gum. I pass a whole foods going to work so will check it out next time I"m in there.
Now if they'd only make sugar-free Jujubes my teeth would happy.
Thanks for the info.
Rob
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

hi Rob. i like the bubble gum flavor the best. i'd be curious what you think, doctors have been known to recommend this gum to pregnant women as it helps with the bacteria in one's mouth.
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

I'm allergic to artificial sweetener so cant go near gum. or most anything really... good luck in the gum hunt.
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

MadAussie wrote:I'm allergic to artificial sweetener so cant go near gum. or most anything really... good luck in the gum hunt.
Stu, check out the link i provided above. the gum is sweetened 100% with xylitol which is all natural. check out this gum!
DrRoboto

Post by DrRoboto »

I chew gum frequently, usually Dentene Cinnamon flavor. I've been thinking about looking for a sugar & aspartame free gum on and off for a little while now, hadn't gotten around to it yet though. Thanks for putting me onto this B-Fresh, I will try to find some. Know of any other similar products anyone?
Robert
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

salbev wrote:doctors have been known to recommend this gum to pregnant women as it helps with the bacteria in one's mouth.
Hopefully I don't think I will have this problem anytime soon since I'm not a pregnant, bacteria-filled mouthed woman :shock: , but thanks for mentioning it! I still havent tried the gum but plan to soon.

For the record my favorite sugar-free gums so far are Wrigley's Extra and Orbit.

Edit: more specifically I like the Extra Bubble Gum flavor, and the Orbit Citrus flavor. Think I'll try both the Bubble Gum and Fruit flavor for this B-fresh gum if I can get a small pack of each.
Rob
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

i_shaved_something wrote:
salbev wrote:doctors have been known to recommend this gum to pregnant women as it helps with the bacteria in one's mouth.
Hopefully I don't think I will have this problem anytime soon since I'm not a pregnant, bacteria-filled mouthed woman :shock: , but thanks for mentioning it! I still havent tried the gum but plan to soon.

For the record my favorite sugar-free gums so far are Wrigley's Extra and Orbit.

Edit: more specifically I like the Extra Bubble Gum flavor, and the Orbit Citrus flavor. Think I'll try both the Bubble Gum and Fruit flavor for this B-fresh gum if I can get a small pack of each.
hi Rob... :lol: :lol: i agree about waking up a pregnant woman! but i think it's a good sign...just like with Fiji water being given to pregnant women(supposedly it was among the cleanest or least dirty, etc)...i figured if i was going to have a bottled water may as well be fiji. probably the most influential of all is a pregnant woman. whatever is recommended for an expecting mother is probably of the highest quality or at least one would hope...however, i'm not sure because i have not seen any Simpson brushes lying around the delivery room...maybe shave brushes excluded...for gum and water...it's a lock.

Extra bubble gum (pink pack) was my brand of choice. until i stopped smoking tobacco and drinking diet coke...then i figured why have aspertame at all if i quit soda and smokes? so i went the whole 9 yards and stopped buying Extra a while later i learned about B Fresh...it took me like a year though! which is why wanted to share it here...
Last edited by salbev on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

hi Dr Roboto, i decided even if it was all a big lie and aspertame was completely harmless and in fact did nothing to the body...water and juices are still better than soda any day. and this B Fresh gum is better than Dentyne or Extra or Bubble Yum...so at least with these two daily rituals i am at least making a small effort to take care of my falling-apart self!

i ain't no stinkin' health nut, however! just quit smokes and aspertame is all! parden me...just wanted to clarify a thing or two.