Thread marked as unread even when they are read.

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Scrapyard Ape

Thread marked as unread even when they are read.

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Ok... when I read a thread, the "new posts" marker remains lit. Did someone let Bargepole fiddle with the works or something? :wink:
~Greg
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

If you go from the thread back to the forum the thread lives in with your back button or keyboard combination, you are probably loading the page from the browser's cache and it will look the same. Reloading the page should then show the thread icon as 'Read'. The way around it, if it is a nuisance to you, is to use the link at the top of each thread to the index or the parent forum (in this thread it says "shavemyface.com Forum Index » Forum Feedback" and clicking on "Forum Feedback" in this case will take you back to the parent forum with the icon changed to "Read").

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
bleedingface

Post by bleedingface »

Sometimes my browser does this even with a page refresh. Usually I have to restart the browser to fix it.
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

drmoss_ca wrote:If you go from the thread back to the forum the thread lives in with your back button or keyboard combination, you are probably loading the page from the browser's cache and it will look the same. Reloading the page should then show the thread icon as 'Read'. The way around it, if it is a nuisance to you, is to use the link at the top of each thread to the index or the parent forum (in this thread it says "shavemyface.com Forum Index » Forum Feedback" and clicking on "Forum Feedback" in this case will take you back to the parent forum with the icon changed to "Read").

Chris
Strangely, this morning everything works properly. I hate when problems mysteriously "fix themselves".

And no response on my question about Bargepole. Hmmmm.... I sense a conspiracy. :P
~Greg
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Scrapyard Ape wrote:...And no response on my question about Bargepole. Hmmmm.... I sense a conspiracy. :P
:-$ Shhhh..ape or they will add your name to 'the list'...
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

nodaktim wrote:
Scrapyard Ape wrote:...And no response on my question about Bargepole. Hmmmm.... I sense a conspiracy. :P
:-$ Shhhh..ape or they will add your name to 'the list'...
Pfft... list schmist. :mrgreen:
~Greg
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

I notice this sort of thing more often when I have two browser windows open.