Sorry to bring this up again: Movie with a DE shave scene

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
PACHUCO

Sorry to bring this up again: Movie with a DE shave scene

Post by PACHUCO »

Just received "The Worlds Fastest Indian" for my birthday last week, and what do I notice but a DE shave in the desert by no other than Sir Anthony Hopkins. Although extremely brief, I was in some way exited to see one of my new passions in one of my favorite movies. I didn't notice it the first time I saw it as a rental a while back, but I've only been DE shaving for under a month. Wonderful movie by the way.

Sergio
drumana

Post by drumana »

I saw "The Darjeeling Limited" last night and there is a shaving scene with DE razor shaving. Looks like a slant bar, but not a Merkur - maybe Gillete?
-Andrew-
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

At least one of the "spectral" twins in "The Matrix Reloaded" uses a straight razor as the weapon of choice.
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
giraffejumper

Post by giraffejumper »

If you get pics of it - be sure to post it here! http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5041
I want to see how long the thread can get!
-philKnowledge! Pass it on!!!
Even more knowledge! Keep it alive!
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

drumana wrote:I saw "The Darjeeling Limited" last night and there is a shaving scene with DE razor shaving. Looks like a slant bar, but not a Merkur - maybe Gillete?
Gillette never made slant razors - but a lot of companies did.
drumana

Post by drumana »

Hmmmmm - well it didn't look like a Merkur to me. Clearly a slant bar though. . .
-Andrew-
jayb

Post by jayb »

On the Pink Floyd movie "The Wall," Pink shaves with a DE. Kinda morbid what he does with the blade afterward, but DE nonetheless.
Justin
jlmwrite

Post by jlmwrite »

I know this was for DE's but Sunday I watched Bogie shave with a straight in 'African Queen'.
"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H** no!" -- Animal House, 1978
nationalgrantham

Razor Scenes

Post by nationalgrantham »

I've got 2!

In The Graduate, Dustin Hoffman shaves (and then cuts his finger while fiddling with the adjustment ring) with a Slim Adjustable.

Also, in The Royal Tenenbaums (another Wes Anderson movie like Darjeeling above...Wes loves putting "vintage" items in his movies) Luke Wilson shaves with a GEM and then takes the blade out and cuts his wrists.

That's all I've got for now. I feel like I've seen another recently...can't think right now.

Josh
Teuton

Post by Teuton »

drumana wrote:I saw "The Darjeeling Limited" last night and there is a shaving scene with DE razor shaving. Looks like a slant bar, but not a Merkur - maybe Gillete?
Yes, i was going to post this eventually. What a great movie it was!
drumana

Post by drumana »

Darjeeling Limited was a good movie - it really came together in the end there, but I thought it was a little slow here and there. Royal Tennenbaums is my favorite of his I think
-Andrew-
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

If I shaved with my razor at the angle Luke is holding it, I would want to cut my wrists afterwards as well.

That being said, Darjeeling express was good, but my favorite is The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. I need some unpaid interns.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

In the movie the Terminal (just saw it on TV.) Tom Hanks looks to be shaving with a DE while the guy next to him uses a Mach 3.
edit: Looks like I was a little late on this one, it is already mentioned and shown in another thread-sorry guys. :oops:

Also not a DE but there is a scene in one of the Simpsons Halloween specials were Bart is getting a shave with a Straight razor by a Golem.

In "In the time of the Butterflies" Salma Hayek is giving her father a shave with a Straight razor while he lies in bed...I think I dreamt that once.

Sergio