Problems With The Forum Lately?

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Problems With The Forum Lately?

Post by jww »

I have had a number of occasions recently where I have received an error while posting, and then when I surf back to my forum post find that it's been entered twice.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something with the server sw?

Am I doing something wrong all of a sudden??
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

It happens from time to time, nothing to worry about. Usually once you hit submit it will accept your submission.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

I have learned to just ignore that error message.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

notthesharpest wrote:I have learned to just ignore that error message.
Thanks - I'll now do the same as well.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

I keep getting an SQL error every time I try to post a new topic on the selling/trading section.

Haven't tried any other sections of the forum so I don't know if it's site wide. Anyone else having this problem?
~Joshua
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

jramire2 wrote:I keep getting an SQL error every time I try to post a new topic on the selling/trading section.

Haven't tried any other sections of the forum so I don't know if it's site wide. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes. The forum seems to have a broken search database that it keeps trying to access, or something.
rocketv8

Post by rocketv8 »

I am getting the same problem. I sent a PM to one of the administrators and this is a problem that has already been reported to the managers of the servers.
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

I've notice the same, get an error after submitting in any forum. Seems to take the post though, and if you open SMF in a new browser and go back to your thread new post is there, at least that's what I've experienced.
Rob
rocketv8

Post by rocketv8 »

I can't seem to post anything in the buy/sell forum though. Got some stuff to sell/trade with pictures so maybe pics add to the problem.
Cavman

Post by Cavman »

I am having multiple problems opening, veiwing posting threads. Another forum I visit is having similar problems including it banning members all on its own. It took me many attempts just to get this thread open.
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)
Cavman

Post by Cavman »

I am having multiple problems opening, veiwing posting threads. Another forum I visit is having similar problems including it banning members all on its own. It took me many attempts just to get this thread open. now I am getting the debug message.
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

I've had troubles with smf all week, too. Often it doesn't come up and I get a "not found" error. Or a page will take quite a while to load.

Mike
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

I got this error when posting the last message:

General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'vdbmysql36dd.phpbb_search_wordmatch' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 291679, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('ive', 'troubles', 'smf', 'week', 'quot', 'error', 'quite', 'while', 'load', 'mike')

Line : 251
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Also, even though the posts are new, on the main forum page, it says the last post in the Forum Feedback section was Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 am.

I'm not complaining, just trying to help if I can.

Mike
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

I've pretty much been unable to post any replies or new messages all week. I always get that damned "DEBUG" screen. The site is slow and I'm frustrated.

And I am complaining. I've come to enoy SMF and all the gentlefolk here. I'd be willing to pay a subscription if it would help the owners move on to a better server or hosting service.

This isn't a graphics or media-intensive site. It's a low traffic site (compared to many of the other fora I participate in). It can't be hogging that much bandwidth.

Just my somewhat frustrated two cents. If it posts . . . . :evil:
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Ok guys...I'm soooo sorry for the inconvenience...I think I found the cause of the problem and I have implemented a fix.

Everything should be working fine now. If you still see issues please update this thread and I'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks,
Vince
:::Vince:::
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Just for updating purposes. When I logged on it said there were 365 or so unread messages. 6 pages. However when I clicked on pages 3, 4, 5, 6. There were no posts. Completely empty. The first posts were on page 2.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Sando

Post by Sando »

Vince, Thanks for the work in getting this place back up and running.
Just for updating purposes. When I logged on it said there were 365 or so unread messages. 6 pages. However when I clicked on pages 3, 4, 5, 6. There were no posts. Completely empty. The first posts were on page 2.
Same here and my first thought was "Damn, those guys have gone off and left without me."
:wink:

...Ray
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

VinceFX wrote:Ok guys...I'm soooo sorry for the inconvenience...I think I found the cause of the problem and I have implemented a fix.

Everything should be working fine now. If you still see issues please update this thread and I'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks,
Vince
Vince,
Similar to Gatorade's post above I notice sometimes clicking page numbers doesn't show results. I've noticed this before latest issues of past few days too when there's many pages in search results, I noticed it about a month ago.
Example, use 'Search' feature to search for a broad topic (I input the word 'brush'). The results show there's 150 pages of results, clicking page 150 shows nothing, nor 149, 148, etc... (at least for me)

Like I say I've noticed this before when searches result in many pages, so not sure if related to current issue or different matter.

Thanks!
Rob
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for sorting all this out for us, Vince. We all appreciate everything you do for SMF.

Gareth