Floris Vetiver discontinued?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
levente

Floris Vetiver discontinued?

Post by levente »

Gents,

Now, I am not usually an alarmist, but in checking the Floris web site, Vetiver is on sale with a note that it will be discontinued. Admittedly, it may just be the packaging that will change. I called Floris USA to ask the question, but only got the answering machine. Is it possible that Floris could be that clueless? I know No. 89 gets a lot of play on this board, but for me, Vetiver is their masterpiece. Any chance one of our residents in Great Britain could investigate this potential travesty?

Regards,
Basil
drumana

Post by drumana »

Did you send Floris an email? The couple of times I emailed them they got back to me in the next business day. . .

That would be too bad if the Vetiver went away, although not as much of a tragedy as if they got rid of No.89 :wink:
-Andrew-
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

I wish I liked the smell of vetiver... I do like the REM song "Find The River". "I have got to find the river of bergamot and vetiver...."
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

Well, the Floris website (after you select the United States) does show that the atomiser is discontinued. But it doesn't show any options other than the atomiser either. Hmmm.

Code: Select all

Products 	              Unit Price 	 
Eau de Toilette Atomiser - Discontinued
100ml / 3.4 fl. oz[11490] 	$56.95 (was $85.00)

However, if you got to the Floris website and choose the UK, it does not show as discontinued:

Code: Select all

Products 	                 Unit Price
Eau de Toilette Atomiser
100ml / 3.4 fl. oz[11490] 	£45.00
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, it's worth mentioning again that the US direct Floris website is in the process of closing down their operation. They are going to let seperate retailers, like ShopLondons handle their products in America from here on out ( as was the case before they opened their Madison Avenue store in the '80s ). So, the US site is selling off it's merchandize, and as they run out of a particular item, then that will be that.....that item is 'discontinued' so to speak.
Regards,
Gordon
Lou

Post by Lou »

I hope my sampler set arrives soon so I can order what I like before it's gone.
VintageBlades
Vendor

Post by VintageBlades »

Sorry for the late response to this. I hadn't noticed it before. No, none of the Floris Classic Fragrances are being discontinued. While it might be in my best interest to perpetuate that rumor, it is not true. Not only do I have a large supply of all of them in stock, a new Floris distibutorship should be in operation here in the US in the early Spring with all of them available as well.
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
http://vintagebladesllc.com/
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jim, That's interesting, and a little confusing.....one distributorship is shuting down, but another is getting set to start up? And, BTW, what's the word that you are getting vis a vis the re-launch of a more extensive No 89 line; April or June?......or...?
Regards,
Gordon
VintageBlades
Vendor

Post by VintageBlades »

Gordon,

The word that I hear is June at the earliest. As for the new distributorship, the details are not for me to disclose. However, you must remember that it is Floris who pulled the plug on "their" operation.
Jim
~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
http://vintagebladesllc.com/
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Never was so much concealed and so much revealed by a pair of quotation marks and a [b] and a [/b]!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

Yet, having only experienced one order fulfilled by "them", I can understand why Floris made their decision. I know a lot of gents here were enamored of them. But my experience left me asking, "Why?"
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Maybe because some of us had stellar service from them.The lady I dealt with on my couple of orders seemed knowledgable and willing to answer any and all questions about their products.My orders were always delivered in a timely manner and never with any problems.
Besides,Floris products IMHO are top notch.
Bob
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'm not criticising "Them" or anything like them. The only reason for buying Floris colognes is the incredible quality of the scents. If you find it easier, just go through Jim at Vintage Blades, who is quick and efficient. The colognes need no defense whatsoever. In fact, I think I might add to the Posting Guidlines that a receipt for some No.89 might become a requirement for membership at SMF! :lol:

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

drmoss_ca wrote:...In fact, I think I might add to the Posting Guidlines that a receipt for some No.89 might become a requirement for membership at SMF! :lol:

Chris
Just be to wait for this requirement until April...er..uh...I mean June...oh, whichever.... :P
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
cymric

Post by cymric »

drmoss_ca wrote:In fact, I think I might add to the Posting Guidlines that a receipt for some No.89 might become a requirement for membership at SMF! :lol:
For a moment there I thought I read Tabac Original or perhaps (still on the fence about it) Dsquared2 heWood.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Cymric,
Use of Manx in the forum is frowned upon.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

drmoss_ca wrote:I'm not criticising "Them" or anything like them. The only reason for buying Floris colognes is the incredible quality of the scents. If you find it easier, just go through Jim at Vintage Blades, who is quick and efficient. The colognes need no defense whatsoever. In fact, I think I might add to the Posting Guidlines that a receipt for some No.89 might become a requirement for membership at SMF! :lol:

Chris
Say it ain't so, Chris. :(

I don't particularly like the scent.
drumana

Post by drumana »

There goes Austin again ---> first it's anti-Woolfat and now it's anti-Floris No.89. . . what's next?

:lol:
-Andrew-
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Next is Trumpers, Penhaligons and then who knows? :lol:
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

I should qualify for the lifetime membership then.As my bottle of 89 is one of the old 200ml sizes. :shock:
It will take a lifetime to use it.
Bob