Van der Hagen (Surrey) Glycerin Shave Soap Ingredients

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
lkg4prfctshv23

Van der Hagen (Surrey) Glycerin Shave Soap Ingredients

Post by lkg4prfctshv23 »

Does anyone use this kind of shave soap and if so could you please list the exact ingredients in it please? I can't find anyplace on the net that lists them.
Steve
lkg4prfctshv23

Post by lkg4prfctshv23 »

Same for any of the Col. Conk shave soaps. I'm just trying to figure out if I'll be able to use any of these due to chemical sensitivites. If not, I think I'm going to order Taylor of Old Bond Street hypoallergenic shave cream.
Steve
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

I just checked my box of Surrey Glycerine soap, but there is no list of ingredients ! All it says is "contains over 40% moisturizers, including extra glycerine to protect even the most sensitive skin against razor burn..."

My box is about 4 years old. I did see some VDH Glycerine on the shelf in WalMart the other day. Maybe the newer boxes have a list of ingredients.

Steve
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Still at the office so I'll look when I get home. I have some boxes left over from years back and they may have the info.
Regards,
Squire
Automaton-Tim

Post by Automaton-Tim »

This is what my box says. I picked up 5 at the local mart store when it was closing out its soaps and wet shaving gear 25 cents apiece! What a bargain!
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

I don't know the exact ingredients, though you could contact Van Der Hagen Enterprises (do a Google search).

A while back I contacted VDH and learned that the company was started by the president's father because other shave soaps irritated his skin. They said that their Select (white) shave soap was certified hypoallergenic. I also recall them saying that their Deluxe (pink) and Glycerin (orange) shave soaps would also qualify as hypoallergenic, but they just hadn't gone through the certification process.

VDH Select is available at Rite Aid drug stores for $2 or less.

Dave
JimT

Post by JimT »

As received in an e-mail from the company.

JimT

Ingredient Lists for van der Hagen Shave Soaps

Select Shave Soap: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine.

Glycerin Shave Soap: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Avena Sativa Kernal Extract (and) Phenoxyethanol (Oat Extract), Fragrance, Triethanolamine, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1, D&C Red #33.

Deluxe Shave Soap: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40.
The Riehle Axiom - "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"