Booster's Polar Ice A/S

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
HBK42581

Booster's Polar Ice A/S

Post by HBK42581 »

Just wanted to take the time to profess my love for this product. I got it about a month ago from shavingessentials.net and I've been using it as a part of my set up ever since. I prefer it to the Aqua Velva Ice Sport that I have. I think it is a little lighter in scent and alcohol content. Can't wait to try some other flavors.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Booster products are great and cheap. It is one of my favorites.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Have any of you added glycerin to any of the Booster Aftershaves (with the exception of the Lime or Polar Ice, since I believe they already contain glycerin) ?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

The scents are nice and they don't sting like some cheaper aftershaves.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Places to get this stuff?
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
prism

Post by prism »

Nitrox wrote:The scents are nice and they don't sting like some cheaper aftershaves.
They don't sting because they have a lower alcohol content than, say Pinaud or Master.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

prism wrote: They don't sting because they have a lower alcohol content than, say Pinaud or Master.
I guess that is the only difference between say Pinaud and Booster, other than scent?

What makes the Pink different?
prism

Post by prism »

Don't know the Pink, Sam. The only one I've used is Polar Ice, and there is very little of that bracing feeling you get from an Aqua Velva or Pinaud aftershave.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

I've been adding glycerin to the June Clover and Mosswood.
It's a smart thing to do. Glycerin is so inexpensive. I just put about a teaspoon into each bottle and shake it vigorously before applying.
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

billyboy wrote:Have any of you added glycerin to any of the Booster Aftershaves (with the exception of the Lime or Polar Ice, since I believe they already contain glycerin) ?
Yes. I have tried two teaspoons (10 ml), three (15ml) and four (20 ml) to the bottle. Two or three was best, four too much. It feels a little sticky like a balm with four but is still useable. Start with two, use it for few days then if you think there is no difference add the third. I think it improves the product substantially and does not leave your face sticky or gooey like a balm.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Someone describe the different scents to me if you would. I am thinking Polar Ice, Mosswood and Oriental Spice.
prism

Post by prism »

Charles describes the Oriental Spice as Clove and Sandalwood with Patchouli and Lavender. The only one I've tried is Polar Ice, and I did'nt care for it. It has an odd, almost Ivory Soap smell out of the bottle. I did not get that bracing sensation that I like from an alcohol-based splash. On the dry-down, it reminded me of Aqua Velva Ice Sport.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Rodd

Post by Rodd »

Email them at shavingessentials. They offer sample packs so you can try 4 you are interested in for 5.95, or all of them for 11.95. It is more expensive per oz, but you will find what works best for you and then order the giant 14 oz bottle of that scent. The Johns at shaving essentials are great to work with!
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Sam, I would take Rod's advice on the topic and can add my opinion as to the wonderful service that I have received from the Johns. I have the full sized bottles of the Polar Ice and Iced Lime scents and samples of the Mosswood, Jickey and Aquarius. For myself the Polar Ice,Iced Lime and Mosswood are timeless scents that all have that barbershop scent about them and I couldn't recommend them enough. The Jickey and Aquarius are somewhat strange to my nose but not outright bad. Hope that helps you.

Warmest regards, Niksa

p.s. The Pink to me is a slight bit milder and to my mind has a little less alcohol in it comparatively. The scent is good but can't compare to the Polar Ice in sheer class.