What razor has the lowest profile head?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
tester

What razor has the lowest profile head?

Post by tester »

My preference for shaving is a very low profile head.

For that reason I'm pretty well giving up on my collection of adjustables, and begining a love affair with my Gillette ball-end tech.

What other low profile razors exist out there?

Out of my collection, I rate the lowest profile head to the Gillette ball tech, followed by the Merkur 38C. I don't have much of a collection.

I need to try some more low profiles.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

All the tech Variants (tons) have pretty much the same head paired to various handles. The feather 'portable' pauldog sells is a tech like design, as are the Star DE's and the polish Lux razor, the Lux being the cheapest version of the 'knockoffs' and having a bit of a unique feel while shaving. The common NEW Gillettes are great and have slim heads (Bar and ball end handles). Nearly all 'old type' razors have extremely slim heads but I wouldn't recommend them.

On the tto front the 70's superspeed, the knack, the ladies gillette and the schick krona all have pretty slim heads. The slim and super adjustables do too, I guess It's tough to draw the line of where a slim profile stops...
Automaton-Tim

Post by Automaton-Tim »

if some of your adjustable friends need a new home, I may be able to provide a safe home for them. Shhh! don't tell my wife :lol:
tester

Post by tester »

I tried the LUX. Bought it from a seller on eBay for $8 delivered.

I thought the LUX was garbage, excuse my harshness. The story I read about the LUX...they are from the 60's era and warehoused in Poland somewhere for their troops.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

tester wrote:I tried the LUX. Bought it from a seller on eBay for $8 delivered.

I thought the LUX was garbage, excuse my harshness. The story I read about the LUX...they are from the 60's era and warehoused in Poland somewhere for their troops.
The Star tech variant is as nice or nicer than the Tech itself. The feather gets good reviews as well. I've heard your experience with the lux echoed by others, I got one that was pretty good sans the flimsy baseplate.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Tester my Edwin Jagger, which is a reworked Merkur fixed head has a low a profile as I could ask and does a very good job.
Regards,
Squire