The most precious possesion in the UNIVERSE!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Scrapyard Ape

The most precious possesion in the UNIVERSE!

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

It is something nearly every one of us has handled many times, yet very few of us actually possess one. Try obtaining one for yourself and you get either a blank stare or open hostility. Forget trying to steal one for yourself because they are protected by vicious gangs and kept under tighter guard than the gold a Fort Knox.... if you are lucky enough to actually abscond with one, "THEY" will eventually find you and reclaim their item.

Should you try to take the reasonable approach and attempt to purchase one for yourself, you get laughed at. You also run up against a wall of silence and secrecy akin to the "Omerta" code of the Cosa Nostra.

Should you try to find one online, you run up against that hideous demon known simply as "Minimum Order" who makes it impossible to obtain one unless you buy at least three others just like the first.(and really, you only need one... if you want one that is)

What is this thing? I'm glad you asked.(even if you did not)

I'm talking about one of THESE!

WHY I need one is not important.... I just need one and am running into the most horrifying cesspool of silence, threats, and purchase minimums I've ever encountered.

Rant over.... move along everyone.
~Greg
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

Dude, if homeless vagrants can score them with minimal effort, you shouldn't have any problems.

Offer the next vagrant you notice in the alley $20 for his/hers.
Jason

Post by koeos »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Mark
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Baloosh wrote:Dude, if homeless vagrants can score them with minimal effort, you shouldn't have any problems.

Offer the next vagrant you notice in the alley $20 for his/hers.
This falls under the "THEY will eventually find you and reclaim their item" clause in my initial rant. "THEY" being the rampaging gangs of supermarket parking lot attendants. They always reclaim their lost treasures sooner or later. :wink:
~Greg
drumana

Post by drumana »

Buy three of them and then sell the other two on the B/S/T forum. Just say they are English shopping carts. :wink:
-Andrew-
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

drumana wrote:Buy three of them and then sell the other two on the B/S/T forum. Just say they are English shopping carts. :wink:
You mean discontinued English shopping carts, right? :mrgreen:
~Greg
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

If there were such a thing as an Erector Set for adults, you could build one fairly easily. If you could get one made mostly from wood, it would be different enough from the "real" ones that nobody would hassle you, except to ask where you got it so they could get one, too.

In fact, I think that someone making decent wood shopping carts could do well for himself. Maybe even wood-looking plastic ones, which would have a weight advantage.
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

Check over the edge of bridges along small creeks and rivers in town. Seems to be a popular place where many go to die. Might find one that can be nursed back to health.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

This is like a riddle*, what needs a shopping cart that can not be handled by a wheelbarrow or rolling cooler :?:

* a riddle I can't solve
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

How about a group buy? You should post a group buy suggestion in the sales and trades forum on www.cartmyshopping.com...

What happens to the carts at stores that go out of business? I mean after they sit there unused and empty in the period leading up to the store going out of business.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
John 5

Post by John 5 »

Ha! I've got one. There are many sitting idle, if you know where to look, hidden behind vegetation and in little crannies by the base of most fishing piers and bridges in the Florida Keys.

Perfect for carrying your tackle box, radio, booze filled cooler, rods, camping chairs, lanterns, etc.. for those long few hundred yards to get to your 'sweet spot'. I once found a pristine unit, and it went home with me. I've even pimped it out. Replaced the wheels, slapped on hunter green paint to match my equipment, and placed a drunk-looking Jimmy Buffet and The Doors sticker on a front mounted panel, which I surmise must have advertised Campbell's Soup or toilet paper some time ago.
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

John! business opportunity! "Pimp my cart"
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
John 5

Post by John 5 »

Scrapyard Ape wrote:
drumana wrote:Buy three of them and then sell the other two on the B/S/T forum. Just say they are English shopping carts. :wink:
You mean discontinued English shopping carts, right? :mrgreen:
I could hear Gordon now..

'Greg, Well, they don't quite ride as smooth as they used to. Gosh. But oh well, we must make do with what we have.'
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

I live about 1/2 mile from a Food Lion. Someone leaves one on my front lawn about once a month. It gets rolled to the sidewalk and finds it's way home. I didn't know there is a market for them.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
giammi

Post by giammi »

Go to a antiques shop and try to find one made of wood.
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

Anybody remember Al Bundy's shopping cart? :) I think it would be perfect for Scrapyard Ape.

Sergio
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

So, we can assume that neither

nor

would work. Hmm. Then, I kindly direct you to

http://www.shopcarriage-trade.com/carriagepage1.html

You can buy shopping carts there (one at a time), in metal, plastic, small, medium, large, etc. You even get some color choices to make sure it matches whatever you need it for! :D

Shipping is motor freight only. Of course, since they are "up" in Mass., maybe they could just give it a could shove and it would roll in your direction? :lol:
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

You gents have a wicked sense of humour

btw, who knew that a cart was so expensive.....must be that euro causing havoc again

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Used one for years in my grandfather's restuarant in California...they are like little SUVs. You can toss everything in 'em, move stuff from place to place...we'd move supplies from building to building. Heck, I moved furniture on top of one once!

Greg, you are brilliant!
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

paperpundit wrote:Greg, you are brilliant!
Yes I am! :mrgreen:

But not brilliant enough to figure a way to get one(and ONLY one) without stealing. :x
~Greg