My Picture PERFECT Georgetown Scuttle V3

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
wkodgzeke

Post by wkodgzeke »

Wow, the scuttle looked incredible, and I was blown away by the custom artwork.

I see one of those in my future...
DragonOptical

Post by DragonOptical »

Allright, I received my Georgetown Scuttle v3 more than a week ago, but I only got time today to post some pictures, so here they are:

I must say Lori did a great job, I'm really glad I ordered this scuttle from Georgetown Pottery :)
Mehdi

Razors: Merkur HD, Gillette SS 1948-50, Weishi; Brushes: GFT Super Badger, TAoS Pure Badger; Shaving Creams: GFT Violet & Coconut, Taylor’s Almond & Rose, D.R. Harris Arlington, Proraso Red & Green; Shaving Soaps: MWF, Joris
Milton

Post by Milton »

Wow, that's a beauty of a scuttle
Joel
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

While I am not a cat fan, I do get the individuality of the piece. Beautiful.

I'll have to get Lori to do me up one with Cape Elizabeth, Nubble and Two Lights Lighthouses.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
BadgerBrush

Post by BadgerBrush »

Those are beautiful scuttles. Please let me know how practical they are. Do they keep the lather nice & warm? I might put one on my birthday wish list. Unfortunately that's still 3 months away...
PolieCat

Post by PolieCat »

Based on this thread, I ordered and recently received a G3 Georgetown scuttle. The bowl is certainly as large as the cereal bowls I had been using to lather shaving cream. The design of the scuttle kept the lather warm and let me rest my brush in the bowl.

I didn't want to take the changes of having the unglazed bottom of the scuttle scratch my bathroom sink, so I went to my neighborhood hardware story to buy rubbery adhesive pads to attach to the bottom of the scuttle.
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

PolieCat wrote:I didn't want to take the changes of having the unglazed bottom of the scuttle scratch my bathroom sink, so I went to my neighborhood hardware story to buy rubbery adhesive pads to attach to the bottom of the scuttle.
I did the same...I found some little round silicone-looking adhesive dots and applied them to the bottom.
Lynn