Clubman Shave Cream - any good

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
DCLawyer

Clubman Shave Cream - any good

Post by DCLawyer »

I KNOW there are threads on whether this stuff is any good, but the search feature isn't very helpful, so please forgive asking what I'm sure has already been asked and answered many times.

(And if there's a better way to search than typing Clubman shave cream in the box, please let me know!)
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18052

That's the only thread I found: looks like it can be lathered with a brush, like KMF, which is also technically a brushless cream. That's all I could find (not using the search function but using a similar targeted search through Yahoo). Not much, unfortunately, about its efficacy as a shave product, and most of the members who posted about it aren't too active anymore. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

I have it, I've used it, and I get a fine shave from it, but I don't particularly care for it. It's too different
tsv

Okay Cream

Post by tsv »

It is an okay cream. I got good shaves with it. The Menthol effect is on par with Proraso. The scent is to me what let it down. It is a nice scent, but not what I'm looking for. I'm more in to lime and citrus, and this is more barber shop.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

It is an okay cream. Shaving qualities are good and it does have menthol. I was disappointed by its scent. I was expecting the cream to be more along the lines of the Aftershave scent but it was not even close.

Raf
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"
Mr. Igg

Post by Mr. Igg »

I'd agree: it's a fine (as in OK in the best sense) cream; but, it did strike me as similar to Proraso, and I've got several tubes of it, so I didn't bother to reload the Clubman past the sample I tried. I should note that my sense of smell is not terribly strong, so I can't really comment on the scent that much; I'm speaking more of the menthol feel and the shave quality.

It is cheaper than Proraso and was available (to me) at Sally's Beauty Supply, so it could be worth trying if you aren't already buried under Proraso like me.
Bryan