First brush experience

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Johnnie
Shave This

First brush experience

Post by Johnnie »

I just purchased my first brush. It's a economical Col. Conk brush. I bought it Friday afternoon with the help of Vince at our local shopping mall. I went home excited to see what all the hype was. Vince had been telling me about his shaving gear for months and at first I laughed at him. Robert sent me some sample shaving creams, I really enjoyed them. But I was using my finger tips to apply the cream. Since I was really enjoying the creams I might as well buy a brush.

I came home that evening and lathered up my cream just like you guys recommended. At first I didnt see the lather as I was swishing the brush around but when I applied it on my face there it was to my suprise! I was in shock. I couldnt believe how much a little cream could lather up.

Now I had already shaved that morning so i wasnt planning on shaving. But I said what the hell. After I shaved I realized I shouldnt have shaved it was really irritating. So I decided I wasnt going to shave the entire weekend, which I always do anyways. So I just bought a brand spankin' new Mach 3 Turbo (the red one) I cant wait till the morning to shave. New razor, new brush and some trumpers! I will let you guys know if you have changed my opinion about shaving since I really hate shaving to begin with as I have posted in previously.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

my first brush

Post by Johnnie »

Well I finally did it. It was a pretty fun experience. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was shaving, which has never happened before. I broke open my new razor, lathered up my brush and i was off. It turned out to be the closest shave I have ever had. I wish I would have known about this when I was in the military. I would have been able to go everyother day without shaving! Overall it made shaving more interesting for me and I'm looking forward for tomorrow. I can now say that I like shaving!

Thanks everyone for all you expertise.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Uilleann Pipes wrote:John, John, give yourself over to the brush side. It'syour destiny. Apologies to Darth Vader.

Regards, Todd
Or, think of it as another monk for the monastary. 8)
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

As others have said

John. YOu have given yourself over to a very dark and expensive side of shaving. Shaving is a lot like golf in that sense. We are always on the search for perfection in an imperfect world... Enjoy the ride.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Great! I play golf too. I am getting to expensive for myself. I spend more money on myself that I do my fiance. I hope I never by a $300 brush. I told myself that I would never spend that kind of money on a badger. I really cant see the difference between at $30 badger brush and a $300 badger brush.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hi Johnnie,

Believe me, you can tell the difference between a $30 and a $300 brush!

It is a shame you are unable to visit us in Hungeford to see for yourself, but then I'm sure your Fiance will be relieved that you will not be tempted...

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I agree with Robert completely :-P

I do however sense some uncertainty in Johnnies words...he "hopes" he never buys one...hehe...we'll see what the future holds in store for him!

Vince
:::Vince:::
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

The future does not hold a $300 brush(Vince). Maybe a good $50-$75 brush, but never a $300 brush. I never used to like shaving, but every morning when I wake up I look forward to it. I dont think a $300 brush will make me that much happier. What I really like about using soaps is that they last longer than any gillette shaving gel or work much better and they dont cost any more money.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Yep...you sound just like me when I got started. I'll give ya about 6 months before you plunk down the serious $$$...hahaha.
:::Vince:::
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Never
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Johnnie-- You could always drop hints to your fiance' around Christmastime. :wink:

--Mark
(Who's still perfectly happy with his $50 Savile Row SR23...for now. :) )
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Mark that is a great idea, but I doubt she would go for that. She is not materialistic so she cant see spending $300 on a shaving brush. I might ask for a $50 Savile Row like yourself.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet