DeutscheOptik.com

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

DeutscheOptik.com

Post by AACJ »

I saw this in one of the many catalogs I recieved in the mail today.

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=105

Pretty interesting stuff in there too. I wonder if it's an original and not a copy.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Hi Art. Nice find. Can't beat the price either.
growler

Post by growler »

Neato catalog! Thanks for the tip!
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Art, I have one (somewhere)
DeutscheOptik used to be completely based in San Diego, and I bought one of their French army razors from them, probably 2002 or so. Unfortunately at the time I knew little about them, didn't have a reliable computer, either, and promptly "sharpened" it to lowly knife status.
Lately I can't go pick and choose through them anymore, as they have an office in San Diego still, but as of about last summer they have been bought out by the same catalog company in Nevada that does the lilliput catalogs.
They are real French razors though, all sorts of brands (didn't know at the time to look for TI's or anything)
John P
ps look for their Czech tonsorial set. Comes with a straight razor, a tiny hand held strop, manual clippers, scissors, a knife, comb etc.....and a roll to keep it all in, for like 125...
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

JohnP wrote: They are real French razors though, all sorts of brands (didn't know at the time to look for TI's or anything)
John P
ps look for their Czech tonsorial set. Comes with a straight razor, a tiny hand held strop, manual clippers, scissors, a knife, comb etc.....and a roll to keep it all in, for like 125...
So they have more than one brand....the catalog isn't too explanative and neither is the website.

The Czech set seems interesting. I'll have to look for it..
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Art, I recall they had lots of brands. I was lucky enough back then to be able to pick through the wares; now that they've been bought out by the liliput people, the actual Deutsche-Optik place in San Diego is an optical repair/adjustment shop (binoculars, etc) this only happened in the last year though, because I went back to get another razor and found out they'd just been bought, maybe summer time?
John P.
Seven

Post by Seven »

A lot of new old stocks have paul wacker

http://www.wacker-rasiermesser.de/
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

NIIIICE.....
John P
mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

this one is scary...is this the German version of the Mrs Bobbit Special " ????

http://www.wacker-rasiermesser.de/rasie ... 55615.html

:shock:

mark tssb
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
Seven

Post by Seven »

"Wiener Schaber" = Wien is the capital of Austria, Schaber means Razor

But its true. You can cut your husband with this cheap thrill ...
Prairie

Post by Prairie »

Look at the price of this...

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=100

Any idea what this is?
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

I have a few of those, (why not, at that price) thats just a little travel DE, the blades inside the packet are blued (as I recall-I don't use mine much) but the whole thing comes in a small plastic case, disassembled; you put a blade on the thing, put it together, and shave, and then take it back apart. Its not adjustable or anything, and they are pretty small, too. Mine is at work, but I don't remember a brand name on the handle, just the lucky brand, on the blades. The plastic case isn't marked. Makes you think of one of those travel sewing kit cases. The blades are made in France.
John P