How do I decant cologne into a vial?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
95%

How do I decant cologne into a vial?

Post by 95% »

The sample vials from Penhaligon and Floris are perfect for carrying in the car or pocket for a quick touch-up. They're small and highly portable, and since they're labeled with the name of the fragrance (unlike the smaller, unlabeled Trumper samples), I'm never in doubt about what's inside.

Can anyone recommend a device for refilling the vial from the full bottle? Should I look in chemists' supply catalogs for a particular size of glass funnel? I'm sure this problem was solved long ago, but as yet I haven't come across the solution.

Regards,
Porter
xChris

Post by xChris »

Plastic disposable pipettes (aka syphons, syringes) may be what you're looking for. A google search should also get you an online vendor of your choice.
Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Or just dip a straw in the bottle of cologne, close off the end of the straw with your fingertip and transfer the contents to the vial.
Regards,
Squire
95%

Post by 95% »

That's too simple. Squire. It MUST involve some complicated laboratory apparatus.

[sotto voce] Doh! Wish I had thought of that.

Porter
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Don't give up. There is a thread here somewhere where I got a kit that had everything you need to reload colognes/edts into small spray vials.. It included a slender stemmed plastic squeeze bulb to insert into a dropper type bottle, and a tiny funnel that you can spray into from spray bottles and collect the contents in the vial. You insert the little spray unit when the vial is full and slap on one of the blank labels and put it in a small zip lock bag, also supplied. It worked perfectly for me to send my grandsons each a collection of my favorite scents for Christmas this year. And the punch line is that I don't recall the site where I got them. Got a new computer and lost the emailed receipt record. Search threads on this forum or google for them.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
95%

Post by 95% »

Thank you, Pete. I did a little searching and haven't found it yet but will try again. But isn't Squire's solution cheaper, simpler, and equally effective?
Porter
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

95% wrote: But isn't Squire's solution cheaper, simpler, and equally effective?
Yes, but not nearly as fun! We might have a new AD - DAD (decanter aquisition disorder) :lol:
Eric
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I looked for a listing in stored messages on my wife's computer that I was using while mine was down, and I found a listing for what may be it.
accessoriesforfragrances.com.
Yep I just went there and a complete kit is $8.49 plus shipping
Ouchmychin (Pete)
95%

Post by 95% »

Porter
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

To what lengths we go for this hobby.
Regards,
Squire
95%

Post by 95% »

The irony is that the correct answer could have been instantly provided by any third-grader. But no, we need the paraphernalia of a mad scientist's lab.
Porter
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

No, that looks like a nice complete kit but I got a simple kit just for my purposes. It was
http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/ac ... ail?no=385. But probably was a larger amount of vials cause I used 14 or so and have 5 left. Probably got 20.
Ouchmychin (Pete)