Rhazoul clay.

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Carl

Rhazoul clay.

Post by Carl »

Anyone else here tried this clay for washing face and hair? It´s the best shampoo/soap i´ve ever used. Leaves a wonderfully clean scalp without drying it. It takes some time to get used to though, since it don´t lather att all. Very good against my dandruff.
I´ts also possible to shave with, but it weares down the blades very fast, since clay basically is very small sand particles.
This is probably the most natural soap money can buy. Not a single lab product in it. Just natural clay. Looks very filthy when mixed with water but leaves the skin wonderfully clean when rinsed of. It´s great for washing the face with before shaving, since it´s milder than any regular facewash i´ve tried.
Rippy the razor says: "It´s down the block, not across the street. Might just as well do something right for once in your life".
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Carl:

Exactly what and how are you using this ? I am very familiar with Rhassoul clay and sue it frequently mixed with hydrosol water for a mask. But I've never used it to "wash" with and I've never used it in my hair. Can you offer up more details on what you're using, ie raw clay mixed with water or something else, and how you're using it ? Thanks.

Chris
Carl

Post by Carl »

I buy the raw dry clay, broken into small pieces. When i wash my hair i dissolve a few pieces with a little water into a cup. Basicly you use it inthe same way as a regular shampoo, but since there´s no lather one must take care to distribute it evenly in the scalp. In the shop were i buy it they said that if you had long hair you shuld comb thru the hair before rinsing.
Some prefer to take a few dry claypices and use it directly in the shower letting it dissolve gradually in their wet hands, but dissolving a few minutes before use in a cup is a lot faster.
I´ve also used it both as a body and face soap, and as a mask. Never with hydrosol thoe. Maybe i should try that.
It beats evry other shampoo i´ve tried, and i´ve tried many expensive "organic" shampoos. If you buy the raw dry clay it´s quite cheap also. However if you buy it premixed with water it´s quite expensive.
Rippy the razor says: "It´s down the block, not across the street. Might just as well do something right for once in your life".
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Who'da thunk??? :?

I have some on the way from Mountain Rose, but only to use as a face mask.
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Carl,
Don't you find this to be a rather aggressive face wash? I'm assuming it's acts as more of a scrub then a cleanser due to it being a clay.
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Mountain Rose does have a very nice selection of clays. Bentonite is drying if you have oily skin and White China is non-drying. Ounce for ounce, clays are falrly reasonable

This link to Mountain Rose also provides the properties of each clay MR sells: Mountain Rose

Mixing clay for your skin type with Rose water or just plain water will give a nice mask. If you are energetic mash a strawberry then add about 1/2 teas. honey, mix well and then add clay to make a paste. Or clay, water and fresh squeezed lemon to make a paste. Start with a basic mix, then be a little creative; oatmeal, pureed cucumber, egg white or ?? check your frig.

Sue
custom410

Post by custom410 »

How does the body shop soap compare to what is being discussed here?

http://www.the-body-shop.com/bodyshop/b ... d=cat30098
Cheers,
Rob
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Sorry, I have no experience using it Rob. Hope someone else can help. Sue
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

As a mask, I have tried French Green Clay and Rhassoul Clay. In my opinion, neither can hold a candle to Kiehls Rare Earth Facial Cleansing Mask. At least, for me this is a superior product, YMMV.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i used kiehls before the QED french clay. much easier to apply, but for me, the QED stuff dried harder, and my face was so smooth sunday night. for the price, i prefer the QED.

sam
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

I have really been enjoying the products from Mountain Rose Herbs recently and if your fairly new to clays like I am you might be pleasantly surprised by their Rhassoul. It may or may not detoxify quite as much as their green clay but it seems to leave the face softer in the end. Great stuff. I was a little hesitant at first with all this mask stuff but it's really worth the plunge for an end of the week facial detox.

Max