Recommend a new shaving creme/soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Hey Wendell,
What does that V stand for?? :-k
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
BarryR

Post by BarryR »

Ecosse wrote:
95% wrote:I suggest the OP order a sample pack from Trumpers. For less than $10 delivered, you get samples of four creams (each good for two or three shaves) and several other goodies as well, including six cologne samples.

Go to http://trumpers.com/ and select "Brochure and sample pack" from the drop-down product list.
Along with that get the T&H sample pack. Those two packs will let you try quality creams and smell a wide range of scents.

As far as soaps, get one that people rave about like Tabac or MWF.
+1 to most of what's said above and below. If you go for the T&H sampler pack I'd suggest getting the one with cologne and SC. It's a very good deal.

Also, I'd pick up a soap of your choosing if you haven't tried a soap yet. I agree with many of the above recommendations; just pick one. Tabac may be slightly risky as it's a bit strong-smelling. I'm a big MWF fan.
soapbuddy

Post by soapbuddy »

I would be happy to send you a sample of glycerin soap.
Irena
Handmade Soap Artisan
http:www.gingersgarden.com
Empty Words

Post by Empty Words »

I recommend Mitchell's Wool Fat. If you want a cream, Musgo Real and J.M. Fraser's are both very good creams.
myersn024

Post by myersn024 »

The sampler packs sound like a great idea, and I think I'll order one or both of them a little later this week.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Big Swifty wrote:Hey Wendell,
What does that V stand for?? :-k
Typo -- I just replaced a faulty keyboard on my ThinkPad ---- :oops:

I have edited my post to correctly reflect Mitchell's Woolfat as MWF --- :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?