Atkinsons English Lavender

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brz90

Atkinsons English Lavender

Post by brz90 »

Does anyone know where Atkinsons English Lavender cologne can be bought in the UK? Either in store or online? Or maybe even internationally on line if the p&p is OK?
Connaught has the shaving cream. I've got a very small vintage flask of the cologne but that's all.
At the moment I use L'Occitan after I've shaved with the Harris Lavender soap, but I think I'd like to use the Atkinsons.
Incidentally the old Atkinsons building at 24 Old Bond Street is worth a look if you're ever passing - an amazing chateau/ cathedral inspired structure with a carilion of 23 bells which still gets played to celebrate special occasions - just a bit more than a stones throw away from Jermyn Street and St James, the three Ts, DH Harris, Floris, etc. http://www.westminster.lovesguide.com/24_oldbond.htm
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Connaught will be getting the Atkinson's Lavender Water. Paul will be selling most of their products.
Regards,
Jani
brz90

Post by brz90 »

Thanks Jani!
owenm

Post by owenm »

Aztecface wrote:Connaught will be getting the Atkinson's Lavender Water. Paul will be selling most of their products.
This is excellent news! Any idea when Connaught will start selling them?
Cheers,
Owen
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I'd always planned to stop by their old shop location in Old Bond Street if ever I got to London. There are two Atkinson's Lavender Waters; the one that's made in Italy ( which is what I assume Paul at Connaught will be getting ) and the version sold in the US at a few locales, like Cambridge Chemists in NYC. However, having smelled them both, I think that they are quite similiar, and very nice. I almost bought a bottle when I was in NY this past week, but still having a fair amount of Wild Fern around, I passed.
Regards,
Gordon
brz90

Post by brz90 »

Paul already has the cologne in stock - I've just ordered some. I could post the link if it's allowed?
If you google Atkinsons Old Bond Street one of the links points to a youtube video of the carillion being played.
Gordon, I was walking home late one night when I heard this magical peal of bells coming up the street. I followed the sound and that's how I first found the Atkinsons building. One of the best things about living in London is looking above street level to the upper floors and discovering all this history in the buildings at higher levels.
Atkinsons Gold Medal cologne has got some good reviews on basenotes - anyone tried it?
druphus

Post by druphus »

brz90 wrote:Paul already has the cologne in stock - I've just ordered some. I could post the link if it's allowed?
I cannot claim to "know" if its allowed, but I post links all the time and have yet to be sanctioned? :wink:
Regards,
Andy
brz90

Post by brz90 »

OK - here's a link for Atkinsons English Lavender at Connaught:
http://connaughtshaving.com/englishlavender.html
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Thank'ee. Yeah, that's the stuff from Italy, and I see that he has the talc as well....very nice, well done Paul! There used to be a fine bath soap in that scent as well. That version of the cologne has not been available anywhere that I know about in the States for some time. I last saw it at an out of the way New York pharmacy that is no longer there; Alps Chemists.
Regards,
Gordon