Every Man Jack Soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
chris1978

Every Man Jack Soap

Post by chris1978 »

I went to Target on Saturday with my friend and I came across to the bath soap sections and I saw Every Man Jack soap in 3 bars in a small box. The bar soap is small square shape and is only like 3 inches height and 3" tall. I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

They have 4 different scents: Cederwood, Citrus Scrub, Signature Mint and Spiced Pepper. They also have body wash and shave kits.

It's available at Target and Walgreens. It so cheap. It cost $5.00 or $6.00 but I don't remember the exact price. So, I have to walk down there and look at it again and might buy it.

Does anyone try it? any experience?

Chris A
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Chris, the soaps are pretty good for the price. They aren't milled, so they don't last terribly long, but the scents are not bad. They are potent, though, and some traces survive the shower. I like the citrus and cedar, both of which are pretty distinctly cologne-y in smell, but not overbearing. Haven't tried the pepper, and the mint is just okay for me. They will lather well, even in my hard water shower, and they're readily available. So, all in all, they're decent. For the same money, I still prefer US Yardley and Canus Goat Milk soap, but I keep a variety of inexpensive bath soaps on hand to suit my mood, and the Everyman Jack soaps are among them.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
rgc

Post by rgc »

I've used the cedar and found it ok, but, it doesn't last long at all and you can go through a box pretty quick. My wife found a triple milled soap at TJ Maxx that she liked the scent of and bought it. That soap is all I have used since and the last 1/2 used bar of cedar has been sitting unused since. At the rate the triple milled bar is lasting (and that it is a huge bar) it will be a long time before I use the cedar up. Oh yeah, the triple milled was cheaper then the 3 pack at target.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

"Every Man Jack' is 19th century idiomatic english slang, ie If TARGET doesn't improve product selection every Man Jack of us will shop at Bullgoose.

Starbucks: a american folk hero named Arnold Bartholemew 'Stormalong' Starbuck who gave his intials to A.B.S. or able bodied sailor. Bare breasted mermaid logo removed to mollify feminist protests. Stoprmalong is always represented as having a mermaid forearm tattoo.

Aeropostal: the pioneer french airmail company Antoine de Saint-Exupery flew for. Name stolen to sell junk

Ambercrombie & Fitch: old outfitter to people like Earnest Hemingway enrout to his african safari. Name purchased to sell junk.

Deeply inhales my very first puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat from Bullgoose.
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I just love your posts, KAV!

Enjoy the MWF
Eric
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

KAV, I was in the real Ambercrombie & Fitch when I was young, and it WAS quite a place ( they sold Trumpers BTW ). Their gun room, Griffeth & Howe was on the 4th or 5th floor, I think. When they closed the Madison Ave. store, Griffeth & Howe wound up re-locating to my old home town, which I thought was pretty neat. I've stopped in a couple of times when we've gone up there for Thanksgiving. They still had some pre-owned Purdey shotguns and whatnot, beautiful pieces.
Regards,
Gordon
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I briefly owned a G&H Springfield with both Lyman peep, alaskan 2.5 scope on Q.D. mounts in ought six. I even managed to learn the first owner was Tyrone Power, G&H never releasing such information. I then fell on a 03 Mannlicher and had Earnest Hemingway's african battery. I had some fun shooting paper cape buffalo with handloded 220 grain solids until a collector and Hemingway buff threw a whole bunch of money at me.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, there was nothing like the old Ambercrombie & Fitch gun room this side of London. The current G&H shop in Bernardsville, NJ isn't quite on that level but it's a pretty neat place none the less. Really weird to see it sitting there in what was the old John Quitty hardware store when I was a kid. Hell, we bought paint and nails in there, and now it's stocked with $10,000 guns ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Zzyzx

Post by Zzyzx »

I know you're asking about this as a body soap, but want you to know how apropos it is that you're posting about this on a shaving site...
I bought some of the Every Man Jack Cedar soap on Target's clearance shelf several months ago. I didn't particularly care for it as a body soap, but after seeing that this is vegetable and essence oil based, and also has glycerin, I decided to try it as a shaving soap. I have to say, it makes an INCREDIBLY shaving soap. It works far better for me than the Williams mug soap that I've been using for years. Also, using it this way, one bar has lasted me a few months so far, and there is still quite a lot of the first bar left.
So for those of us who still shave the "old school" way (using a brush and soap), try brushing some of this on your face on your next shave.