Texas plane crash

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
alcx77

Texas plane crash

Post by alcx77 »

Now thats what I call a tax protest- sad

Alan
[Currently]
Futur
Croma blade [Shaves so far 18]
Omega Syntex bush
VDH & Trumpers Sandlewood soaps
95%

Post by 95% »

Well, the man had an obsession. Better to obsesssed, as we are, with things like shaving soaps and brushes.
Porter
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Irish legend has it the great hero Cuchaillain went into such battle rage his eyes popped out of their sockets and it took several bronze cauldrons of ice cold stream water to cool him down, each one boiling away.
Few of us haven't stepped to the abyss in thought word or deed and stepped back. It's our humanity. Thank God for whisky, disciplines like shaving and classical music while driving.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Sort of ironic that one guarantee in life, taxes, caused another guarantee, death.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

And no guarantee of birth either. That one make's the other two inconsequential.
nolawis

Post by nolawis »

Good riddance. Truly sorry for the victims though.

NW
Fair winds and following seas.
95%

Post by 95% »

There was one victim who died, a decent man of 67. Suicide is always a selfish act, a repudiation not only of one's life but of all life. Usually, however, an innocent life is not taken along with that of the perpetrator. The best way to reduce the incidence of suicide is to stand in severe judgment against those who commit it.
Porter
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

This fellow's desperation is, I think, indicative of public frustration.

I hope we can get this great country of ours up and rolling again soon. Rational and level-headed problem solving is always an option. I wish this fellow had seen that.
HH
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

It is very sad indeed that this man viewed his own life as less valuable than the frustration of a few thousand dollars owed to the IRS, while at the same time placing a higher value on retaliation.

When will we learn that life is a gift from God and is the most precious and valuable thing in the world?

Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Tom, well said. I really have empathy for people that seem to suffer inside and let anger/rage/slights/whatever, fester, soak and sour within themselves. Being a lawyer, I see people wanting to extract revenge or avenge a wrong. Sometimes there is a time and place for that but usually, all it does is cause that person to not be able to move on with the life and many times, causes health problems and relationship problems with the people they really care about.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Sam wrote:Being a lawyer, I see people wanting to extract revenge or avenge a wrong.
A woman I once consulted over a tricky matter that had lots of personal/emotional freight for all involved told me that the day before she'd had a wonderful client meeting. Messy divorce. Chap came in. Sat down. Before she could open her beak he said

"There's one thing I want to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR here. This isn't about the principle. It's about the money."

Her heart (she said) sang.

SUbsequently, she told me, they had the first hearing. The conversation went:

CLIENT: Well how do you think that went?

HER: Er... well, it could have--

CLIENT: Let me tell you how *I* think it went. The judge hates us. Our case is leaky. And the law is ambiguous. We'll settle.

HER: I think I love you. Let me buy you lunch.

8)
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
KAV

Post by KAV »

I hardly think his act comparable to buddhist monks committing self immolation in Vietnam. This was no clarion call our country is somehow in crisis with defined friends and enemies on opposite sides of a shield wall determining if future generations will call it ox or beof and still guaranteeing the poor will dine on niether.
95%

Post by 95% »

KAV: Say wha?

You quote Camus in your sig. Since the topic at hand is suicide, what is your position on it? Camus wrote that suicide is the only serious philosophical question.

Absurd, I say!
Porter
KAV

Post by KAV »

I was alluding to fatcity's connecting it to a social frustration at large.
I am by faith opposed to suicide.
I by personal experience find it abhorent, having lost a friend that way.
I don't know which is worse; the realisation no power short of the mystery of God will let us see each other again, or people still living who break off loving relationships and hurt people who know they live and can be seen again.
95%

Post by 95% »

Those are sensitive remarks, and I agree wholeheartedly with you.
Porter