Shaving Cream Review: Trumper's Lime

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Shaving Cream Review: Trumper's Lime

Post by Chris »

Gents,

While my favorite creams are Taylor's, Trumper's is a VERY close second. They are a bit lighter than Taylor's creams, but you get more in a tub, so it makes up for it. It also double the price. They, are, however worth the price IMO. Trumper's also differs from Taylor's in that there scents are "single notes" meaning there is no mixing of scents. You buy a tub of limes, you get a lime scent, with no background notes. Since the scents are VERY good, this tends to be a good thing.

Texture/Appearance

All Trumper's creams have the same basic appearance, a bit light and fluffy looking. A little still goes a long way.

Latherability

Trumper's produces a great lather using a smidge more than almond size dollop. The lather is thick, very well hydrated, and provides a great shave with closeness and no irritation.

Scent

I love the scent of Trumper's Limes. It smells just like fresh cut limes, about to be dropped into a bottle of Corona. Very refreshing, but not overpowering. Like I mentioned previously, it is a single note scent, so you get a smack of limes pure and simple, no background notes, no nothing. If you are a lover of lime/citrus scents, you owe it to yourself to try this cream.

The Shave

I get a great shave with this cream. Free from nicks and irritation, although it has a tendency towards drying your skin a bit, but nothing drastic.

Try this with...

Trumper's Lime Skinfood and a couple of spritzes of Trumper's Lime cologne or Floris Classic Limes cologne.

The Verdict

8.5/10. A solid all around cream with a great scent!
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Sounds nice...maybe I'll give this a shot once my castle forbes limes is out.
Randy
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I wish I could compare it to CF Limes! But I have to wait till the end of the month for mine :(
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Chris, you can't go wrong with the castle forbes lime. Excellent lubricity (is that even a word?) and the scent is like key lime pie mixed with a margarita. Really nice relaxing scent.
Randy
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Nice review Chris. Trumper's Lime is another one of my favorites along with T&H Limes. I especially like the part about the lime in the corona beer.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Again, nice review Chris. I have noticed a lot of reviewers saying they got facial irritation with this scent. Did you notice any of that after your skin had settled down?
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Thanks Clark,

I haven't received any irritation from the Trumper's lime. I've shaved with it a good 7 or 8 times and have experienced no after effects.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

If you've got cleaning solutions that smell that good, your house must smell fantastic! ;)
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I love Trumpers lime!!! My all-time fav (for now). :-)

Vince
:::Vince:::
kal

Post by kal »

All Trumpers Limes products are favorits of mine, however I find the scent in both the cream & the soap to be more on the lemon side.
With T&H cream however the bitter fragrance distinctive of West Indian limes is very clearly visible.
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

I recently obtained a tub of Trumper's Lime, and had one of the best shaves of my life with it. Granted, I had about 3 days growth, and that is when my shave results are smoothest.

I love the fragrance, and topped with Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes, it is an amazing combo.

I have very sensitive skin, and I felt moisturized very well with the Trumpers Lime, with no drying. I finished with a sample of Zirh's Soothing cream, and recommend that highly as well.

Thanks.