Mennen - Speed Stick - Irish Spring.

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Aztecface

Mennen - Speed Stick - Irish Spring.

Post by Aztecface »

Has anyone tried this deodorant/antiperspirant? What do you think of the scent?
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jani, Nope. I use the 'classic' or 'regular'.....in other words the original one that's been sold since I was a kid. A fougere sort of scent, does the job, and doesn't annoy or mess up my skin. Thank God, at least one grooming product I like that I can easily buy locally and that's low priced...sigh
Regards,
Gordon
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gordon, I use the 'Regular' in the summer and the 'Musk' in the winter and love them. Absolutely the best I've used. They were recommended to me by Fitch. I find them at low cost and stock up but I couldn't possibly find them locally. Unfortunatly Sweden is a desert in finding good deodorants/antiperspirants.
Regards,
Jani
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Jani, the performance and strength of the scent in the Irish Spring version is the same as the excellent regular and musk versions. The scent itself is that of Irish Spring bath soap, which is to say artificially grassy and slightly similar to Irisch Moos shave soap, but more brash and perhaps a little citrusy.

I use the regular and musk often, the Irish Spring version less so.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Tim, Thank You so very much. Exactly what I wanted to know.
Regards,
Jani
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Mennen regular and Mennen musk here.
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

I used the Musk for years but lately the scent has gotten weaker and weaker and less musk-like. So I switched back to the regular scent.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

I used the Musk for years but lately the scent has gotten weaker and weaker and less musk-like. So I switched back to the regular scent which I used once my infatuation with English Leather deodorant and cologne ended (shorly after college).
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

a-cut-above wrote:I used the Musk for years but lately the scent has gotten weaker and weaker and less musk-like.
Really? I almost wish they would 'tame' it down a notch. Who would of thought mens deodorant would get me to post....what the heck. I'll just make it short and sweet. At one end I would not want to spend significant time with someone who paid over $20+ to use Penhaligons "Blenheim Bouquet" deodorant. At the other extreme someone who would choose Speed Stick 'Glacier' or 'Ocean Surf' would be sort of suspect also.
Image Hope this helps.

Best,
Fitch
Araner

Post by Araner »

Tabac deodorant stick works for me. Just think it's Mennon and all will be OK.
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

F.W. Fitch wrote:
a-cut-above wrote:I used the Musk for years but lately the scent has gotten weaker and weaker and less musk-like.
Really? I almost wish they would 'tame' it down a notch.... [/url]
I could have become desentitized but it really seemed to lose its scent, and its effectiveness recently. The regular green version with the typical Mennen scent seems unchanged since.....I had hair and no whiskers. One of the constants on SMF is the variability of individual noses. (I remember a discussion of Taylor's Sandalwood Shave Soap where the reviews of the scent ranged from "wonderful" and "one of my favorite sandalwoods" to "reminds me of a British cleaning fluid".)
Dave

Gene

Post by Gene »

I drifted over to unscented products a few years ago. My favorites are Mitchum and Dry Idea gels. I apply them before I shave and they dry down enough to put a shirt on by the time I am done.

Don't know if that's why, but I have noticed that I don't funk out the armpits of my T-shirts so much any more (those hard yellow stains). This popped up in a thread a few months back.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gene, I always got those stains when I used anti-perspirants....as well as skin irritation eventually. Both disappeared when I returned to using the old Mennen, which is a deodarant, not an anti-perspirant. I suspect it was the metallic salts that were causing both the staining and the irritation...in any case I've had no problem with either one since I've been using the original Mennen.
Regards,
Gordon
Gene

Post by Gene »

Gordon that's interesting. I have trouble with using just a deodorant - can't stay dry. My son has to use the prescription strength stuff to stay dry. I figured in my case it had something to do with the unscented gel versus a scented solid...but that's just me.

Maybe I should re-think the Mennen...
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gene, Well, it's a personal decision, of course. I live in a place that is very hot and humid most of the year ( albeit I stay in the A/C most of the time ), and the Mennen deodorant is still adequate. If push comes to shove, I'd rather have a little 'wetness' occasionally then yellow stained undershirts and rash, and all anti-perspirants that I ever tried resulted in those two things, sooo.....it's original Mennen for me....plus it smells rather nice I think.
Regards,
Gordon