Wendell, hows the new toy working out?

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
brothers

Wendell, hows the new toy working out?

Post by brothers »

We know you're out having fun, and I'm hoping you'll give us a few new examples.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Maybe some other time? :wink:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sorry Gary, I only just saw this thread.

I thought I had previously posted my Flickr link - but in case I haven't - here it is. Go to my collections, and you can choose between my old Canon G3 - which has long been sold off, or my Oly e620. I haven't been out all winter with it -- and I have been waiting for good sunny days to get some nice early spring shots - but until then, enjoy what is there to see.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, this is a wonderful collection of photos. Thanks for putting them up for us to see.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Thanks Gary.

I just ordered a flash unit -- a Metz 48 AF-1. I'll get it next week. I ordered a Demb Flash Diffuser Pro as well. I know that a real hard-line photo nut would just make his own, but I have seen this unit in use, and it's really very good for what it does. Didn't order any gels though -- I can pick them up pretty cheap at a local theater supply store.

Next is a new camera bag -- I have run out of space in both of my LowePro bags. I am now looking at a Kata 3N1 20 which I am very impressed with.

Finally, I'd like to get the Oly 70-300 for outdoor nature shots. It doesn't have a fast aperture, and it is a slow focusing lens (you would be too if your focusing elements had to move a couple of inches at a time) but it is so unbelievably sharp - it's hard to believe that it's a budget lens until you handle it and realize it's plastic and not full sealed. That's what covers and umbrellas are for, right? :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?