New Forest Brushes - New Forest Superior Badger 2201

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Fido

New Forest Brushes - New Forest Superior Badger 2201

Post by Fido »

I'm pleased to make this introductory offer of the first New Forest brush to members of this forum. All the details are here.

http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.com/
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Maybe it's me, maybe it's early, maybe I have not had my coffee yet. But it seems odd you bash Rooney for not opening up their factory to you, then rant about underhanded practices, then you go into the brush business.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Fido

Post by Fido »

Whistler wrote:Maybe it's me, maybe it's early, maybe I have not had my coffee yet. But it seems odd you bash Rooney for not opening up their factory to you, then rant about underhanded practices, then you go into the brush business.
That is simply unfair. I made an attempt to find out information about brush making and came up against a brick wall. I explain fully the background to my activities in my blogs.

I consistently praise the quality of Rooney and others in my blogs. And the quality of custom brush makers. I'm aiming to enable people to enjoy top quality badger grades at a fraction of what the big established brands cost. I shall offer limited numbers.

Disraeli once said - never compain, never explain" Sometimes I ignore him. Enjoy your coffee.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Seinfeld once said, "Yada Yada Yada"
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Whistler wrote:Seinfeld once said, "Yada Yada Yada"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
Regards,
Jani
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

What Marty said. Fido, as I recall you explanation for being upset with Rooney denying access or information was that you were merely an avid hobbyist not a party seeking knowledge of the industry for competitive purposes. While you are surely entitled to being a brush merchant, it is a shame that you have proven Rooney's suspicions to be correct. It is also intriquing that you quote Disraeli.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

First I was going to say, I'm confused.

But when I'm confused in a situation like this, then I take one step back, look again, and find out I'm really not confused at all.
Fido

Post by Fido »

The feedback about my New Forest Superior Badger 2201 has been so good that I'm selling out fast. As soon as stocks are gone I will take a break before launching my next brush and before obtaining more stocks of the 2201.

Here are threads about the brush on two other forums:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158573

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtop ... =30&t=3517

I will post here when stocks run out to avoid inconvenience.
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Well done Peter, the 2201 is the best value for money brush I've got, I love using it.

Looking forward to your next brush, more of the same but with a bigger knot? :wink:

cheers

Pete
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I don't see any comments by you at B&B on your brush.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
SiR-ed8

Post by SiR-ed8 »

AACJ wrote:I don't see any comments by you at B&B on your brush.
As much as he'd love to comment on his brush on that oh so delightful of forum with stewards and what not, he's perma-banned for something so trivial and insipid it's down right laughable.

Mods there don't really communicate. Perhaps you would know something about that dear old fellow.

Truth be told there's no need to be mentioning his brush since the stewards
and butterscotch fiends are ones advertising for him.
SiR-ed8

Post by SiR-ed8 »

One can only presume what wrath one might incur since you are member of both forums where one is governed by tyranny.
SiR-ed8

Post by SiR-ed8 »

Interesting why it's not posted on the aforementioned stewardship forum and only available here:

New Forest Brushes

New Forest Brushes

New Forest Superior Badger 2201

New Forest Brushes - a new venture.
Fido

Post by Fido »

My New Forest 2201 sold out this evening.

I have been delighted by the response. I may restock in future, but my next brush will be the New Forest Finest Silvertip 2211 which should be on sale in September.
Fido

Post by Fido »

PeterS wrote:Well done Peter, the 2201 is the best value for money brush I've got, I love using it.

Looking forward to your next brush, more of the same but with a bigger knot? :wink:

cheers

Pete
My New Forest Finest Silvertip 2211 will be a 22mm knot with a loft of 48 mm. It will be a very dense head and feel like a bigger brush than the 2201. I'm planning two more 22 mm brushes - a two band fan shape with a short loft and a high mountain. If I have any energy left after that, other sizes may follow and I'll consider restocking in the light of feedback.
SiR-ed8

Congratulations!

Post by SiR-ed8 »

Peter,

Congratulations on having sold out all brushes!