Mergress Merkur Progress Upgrade and Complete Razors

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
hydrojet

Post by hydrojet »

How do you go about ordering the upgrade for the progress. Could someone post a link or phone number on how to get ahold or mer
Thanks
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi Guys,

Updated the info in the first post. Lee is out right now and Merkur is shut down for the next couple weeks. We are searching for them and will have the stock replenished as soon as possible.

Let me or Lee know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Eric
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

I just noticed that "MAY" was hydrojet's first and only post. I hope it wasn't something we said. I also hope he's still visiting the site.

Anyway here is a late: WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Come often and stay long.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
hydrojet

Post by hydrojet »

Im still here I guess I need to pm mer to get directions on where to ship or phone number to talk directly to him to replace that ugly plastic knob with one of his great looking end piece.
somebody

Post by somebody »

what is the wait normally like for a Mergress? Does it come out quarterly? Monthly? How much pain must I endure?
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi Somebody,

We're doing our best to get all the Progresses we can. If you find one you are always welcome to send it to me for conversion too.

Stay Tuned,

Eric
somebody wrote:what is the wait normally like for a Mergress? Does it come out quarterly? Monthly? How much pain must I endure?
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

somebody wrote:what is the wait normally like for a Mergress? Does it come out quarterly? Monthly? How much pain must I endure?
I think the pain you endure would be based on the setting you have the razor at and your skill wielding it.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
somebody

Post by somebody »

The pain I was referring to was the wait for what will hopefully be a cure for my RAD. That's right, the mighty mergress, the anticipation is killing me.
Cicerosecundus

Mergress does not turn to one when tightened

Post by Cicerosecundus »

I have your Mergress and when I change blades and tighten down to one, it normally will go way past one such that when it is set at 1 it is equivalent to a three. Is there something that I can adjust?

Thank you,

Cicerosecundus
gil3591

Re: Mergress does not turn to one when tightened

Post by gil3591 »

Cicerosecundus wrote:I have your Mergress and when I change blades and tighten down to one, it normally will go way past one such that when it is set at 1 it is equivalent to a three. Is there something that I can adjust?

Thank you,

Cicerosecundus
mantic on his utube videos. it's the one about the progress. shows how to twist the handle, if you dare :lol:

or send an email to eric. maybe you can send the razor to him.. it's a simple adjustment i'm sure. i've had two custom mergress's and they both stoped on 1 with a blade in them.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Mer

Re: Mergress does not turn to one when tightened

Post by Mer »

Hi,

So when you tighten it down all the way it is on 3?

Sounds like the head needs to be spun 180 degrees when you put it back on.

Try this and see where it's at when tightened all the way down.

When I make these they're adjusted so when tightened all the way down they are at 1 or below. It's tough to get them to be on "1" all the time due to the nature of the mechanism. They're not like the old Gillette's that had a click adjustment so 1 was always 1.

Let me know how it goes.

Eric
Cicerosecundus wrote:I have your Mergress and when I change blades and tighten down to one, it normally will go way past one such that when it is set at 1 it is equivalent to a three. Is there something that I can adjust?

Thank you,

Cicerosecundus
Cicerosecundus

Mir's Custom Razor

Post by Cicerosecundus »

Right you are. When it sets up tightened down way off the one mark, I then follow your counsel, spun the top piece 180 degrees from where it was, with the result that tightened down it is one position to the left of the one, instead of about three positions to the left of the one. So, now when I set the razor to two, it is really three rather than five, as it was before I spun the top piece 180 degrees. It is a pity that the factory design of the numbering system is inherently not accurate.

Thank you for your counsel,

Cicerosecundus
markymark01

Post by markymark01 »

how much for the regular mod(with the razor) and how much for the one with crystals in the ring? (shipping to Canada..)

thx
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

markymark01 wrote:how much for the regular mod(with the razor) and how much for the one with crystals in the ring? (shipping to Canada..)

thx
you may get a speedier reply if you pm eric. i think you can get a regular mergress from lee's razor
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
Mer

Post by Mer »

I figured I'd beat people to the punch and make this post before people question the increase:

"Hi Guys,

The new price will be $104.95.

Lee and I have been talking about this lately and need to raise the price. There was a mis-communication on both our parts that resulted in the $115 price. We've been going at this for over three years now and have held the price pretty good while everything else is going up. Merkur is now going to make Lee purchase 570's (the ones with the plastic case and blades) in addition to the 500's because we're using so many. These are approx. $10 more so we're trying to balance everything out and make it as fair as we can for everyone. We all know shipping has gotten pretty crazy in the last year or two as well.

Sorry if this upsets anyone and hopefully it won't be considered gouging.

I guess if we had raised the price $4.95 or so each year it would have been a little easier than one larger jump but I wanted to keep the original price as long as we could.

Hopefully you'll understand my/our position.

Thanks always for your support,

Eric"
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

can someone pm me mer's e-address? i had it before and lost it. i'm certain he won't mind if you give it to me. i have to send him a razor and will get a quicker response rather than waiting for him to respond to a pm on this site. thanks
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

gil3591 wrote:can someone pm me mer's e-address? i had it before and lost it. i'm certain he won't mind if you give it to me. i have to send him a razor and will get a quicker response rather than waiting for him to respond to a pm on this site. thanks
PM sent with info.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
brothers

Post by brothers »

I try to refrain from posting many negatives, because I think everyone has their own opinion, and blanket statements are usually better left unmade. In my own experience, and YMMV, I do wish that the Futur and the Progress had some aggressive knurling on the handle. I've come to prefer it, especially with the heavier razors.
Last edited by brothers on Tue May 10, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

brothers wrote:I try to refrain from posting many negatives, because I think everyone has their own opinion, and blanket statements are usually better left unmade. In my own experience, and YMMV, I do wish that the Futur and the Progress had some aggressive gnarling on the handle. I've come to prefer it, especially with the heavier razors.
I have a matte Futur and I agree. As cool as it looks, I wouldn't take it in the shower, that's for sure...I'm sure it would slip out of my hand.
Stuart
Mer

Post by Mer »

I have made knobs with an abrasive finish that have turned out really well. It looks like the Futur's finish but more "grippy". Feels like 400 grit wet sandpaper.

brothers wrote:I try to refrain from posting many negatives, because I think everyone has their own opinion, and blanket statements are usually better left unmade. In my own experience, and YMMV, I do wish that the Futur and the Progress had some aggressive gnarling on the handle. I've come to prefer it, especially with the heavier razors.