New Stock Incoming .....

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jww
Woolly Bully

New Stock Incoming .....

Post by jww »

I haven't ordered anything related to wet-shaving in ages -- so I figured it was time do spend some $$. Here is the incoming stash:

From Vintage Blades:
A minor replenish to my Feather blade supply (10 pack X 2)
2 D.R. Harris sticks - Lavender and Arlington. Lavender is one scent I cannot get enough of, and I have never tried Arlington, but like the sound of the name :wink:
A RazorRock alum stick (haven't tried this one yet - thought I'd give it a whirl)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe - lemon scent

From Fendrihans
A Semogue 1305 boar brush - I have always wanted to replace my old drug-store boar brush since it died several years ago. It's on sale right now, so I figured why not.

I dunno -- I just felt like treating myself -- and since I have been in a cash-spending mood lately (a Kobo ereader and a new Bluray player to replace my 10 year old Toshiba non-upconverting DVD player) it just made sense, ya know??

8)
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

It's up to us alone to kick start the economy by spending money. I am doing my part by selectively spending it on the worthy and letting banks, big box stores and the other greedheads die. I just wish I could spend more :cry:
Last edited by KAV on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

Nothing more exiting than coming home to a box of 'goodies' waiting on the doorstep!
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
ateace

Post by ateace »

Good news, Wendell -- I'm looking forward to your reports on how the new stuff works for you.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I love coming home to boxes! I'm sure you're going to enjoy the look and performance of the 1305! BTW how did you get Vintage Blades to ship to Canada?
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:... BTW how did you get Vintage Blades to ship to Canada?
They aren't -- they are shipping to my US address where I'll be in a couple of week's time. I do this all the time - Em's Place does the same for me. I am in the US between 5 and 10 times every year, so I just use the US locations where I am staying as a shipping address, then declare the items within my usual limits. :D
Wendell

Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

jww wrote:
Blue As A Jewel wrote:... BTW how did you get Vintage Blades to ship to Canada?
They aren't -- they are shipping to my US address where I'll be in a couple of week's time. I do this all the time - Em's Place does the same for me. I am in the US between 5 and 10 times every year, so I sometimes use the US locations where I am staying as a shipping address, then declare the items within my usual limits. :D
I'm trying out a border parcel service for the first time, and have a couple of things coming in, including a couple of items from Vintage Blades... so will be traipsing down to Pembina, North Dakota on Saturday...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

wendell good for you my man..well deserved too.

i promiced my self not to buy any shave stuff this year..

im doing pretty good to.. i got two great razors. two great brushes
blades for years and a near full tub of trumpers cream and two new pucks of mwf...

im close to finishing a puck of trumpers as well as a puck of mwf

so i really need nothing

but im getting the itch and trying hard to control it

enjoy your new stock pile
marc
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, that looks like a well-rounded and practical bundle of goodies.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

marsos52 wrote:...
im doing pretty good to.. i got two great razors. two great brushes
blades for years and a near full tub of trumpers cream and two new pucks of mwf...
If you have MWF, you have everything :D
Wendell

gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

i like harris arlington scent better than i like the soap :lol:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

I need to order some supplies as well. A couple creams and EDT from SCS. Just got a sample pack from T&H to see if I like the scent of a few of their creams besides 1805. Also considering some creams from TOBS and maybe a tube of Trumpers Rose Cream.

But must wait a bit. Need to save my $s for a couple pieces of vintage cast iron cookware. But soon, real soon I will spend some on shaving supplies.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
jpq5

Post by jpq5 »

I'm pretty well stocked myself. But there are some products that im just dying to try. My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for my birthday next month, and I replied "shaving stuff". I'll print out my west coast shaving wishlist, and you can surprise me!
She replies, "you've got enough shaving stuff"
I said with a puppy dog face...but I want more.

Oh well, I guess I can try again for the holiday season. Maybe at least one puck or tub will have diminished from my arsenal.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that
genius has it's limits. ---Albert Einstein
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

I anxiously await Floid & P160 samples from superlather as well as a tube of Lavanda and Treet blades from another vendor.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Wendell I like your style.
Regards,
Squire
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

It's just like jello.....there's always room for more!
Nice selection, Wendell!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

m3m0ryleak wrote:I anxiously await Floid & P160 samples from superlather as well as a tube of Lavanda and Treet blades from another vendor.
Which vendor has Lavanda? It was out of production a while back. Send me a PM or post it here, but I'd really like to know where you found it. Thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

jpq5 wrote:I....
I said with a puppy dog face...but I want more.
Puppy dog face always works for me. :wink:

Wendell

gsgo

Post by gsgo »

brothers wrote:
m3m0ryleak wrote:I anxiously await Floid & P160 samples from superlather as well as a tube of Lavanda and Treet blades from another vendor.
Which vendor has Lavanda? It was out of production a while back. Send me a PM or post it here, but I'd really like to know where you found it. Thanks!
Yes, please reveal your source or PM if possible - thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!
Good shaving,

Gary
DGB452

Post by DGB452 »

gsgo wrote:
brothers wrote:
Yes, please reveal your source or PM if possible - thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!
Its available here or atleast its showing its instock!

http://shaveabuck.com/cart/lavanda-shav ... p-373.html