Puig Aqua Lavanda

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Malocchio, The Yardley Lavender Water for Gentlemen is LONG gone; very early '60s at the latest. It was replaced by Yardley White and Black Label A/Ss and colognes. I wore mostly Yardley Black Label in High School in the mid-60s. The lavender water that Yardley makes today is their blend geared to women. Some men do wear it but I find it too 'soft' for me to be comfortable with. The 'Yardley' soap one sees in US stores is a seperate company and the name is used under license. The real Yardley English Lavender soap is still made in England but is very hard to find in the US and is sold for high prices by the few outfits that do stock it. It's still excellent although not as good as it was now that they too have gone to a veg. oil base.
Regards,
Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, Indeed. In fact, we are more 'right' than they are, even if that's a Sinatra fan forum ( chuckle ). Did you note that even 'Nancy' did not pick up on the fact that the Yardley cologne in the photo, while old, is still the 'ladies Yardley', not the blended for men stuff that Sinatra wore? We actually have a couple of members who, by haunting eBay, have managed to snag vintage bottles of the real deal....and a few even still have some scent they say ( chuckle ). Actually, I know that they do because I was kindly sent a small sample from one of those bottles.
Regards,
Gordon
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

EDIT: Gordon said it best.
Regards,
Jani
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

She knows boots. Daddy's cologne, not so sure.
Ron
JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

bernards66 wrote:The real Yardley English Lavender soap is still made in England but is very hard to find in the US and is sold for high prices by the few outfits that do stock it. It's still excellent although not as good as it was now that they too have gone to a veg. oil base.
Regards,
Gordon
We can get both soaps here and I actually prefer the American made stuff. The import stuff comes in at $6.00 CDN a bar while the domestic product retails at $1.65 per bar (often on sale for $1.00 per bar) and it's still tallow based.

Regards,

Les
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Les, Well, you're fortunate than. While the US 'Yardley' is a good product, especially for the price, I definately prefer the real English stuff. But it's too hard to get and I'm less willing to pay those sorts of prices than I used to be. I still cough up for the Vinolia...at least for now.
Regards,
Gordon
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I just received an email from la Tienda. the larger botle is back in stock.
malocchio

in stock

Post by malocchio »

KAV wrote:I just received an email from la Tienda. the larger bottle is back in stock.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes ! I received that email as well,and I ordered 2,shelf life is until total evaporation,so they will last my lifetime (unless I use them both up !),these are becoming very very hard to find,a nice big glass bottle loaded with great aftershave @ $22...you can't beat it...
Lou

Post by Lou »

Araner wrote:I believe I read somewhere that frank Sinatra thought that cologne should be subtle, that a woman should have to get in close and personal before she started to detect the cologne; a kind of pleasant surprise for the romantically inclined.
That's the direction I'm headed with cologne (never could do the in-your-face ones). I think I'll order some Aqua Lavanda.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Lou, It's nice stuff, just be aware that it is VERY light and has little staying power.
Regards,
Gordon
2be1ask1

Post by 2be1ask1 »

I got mine yesterday. Man this stuff smells great! :lol:
"Gentlemen, you may smoke."