Well, I'm back...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
HAC

Well, I'm back...

Post by HAC »

After a too long hiatus, I'm back to join in the fun.. (Life got in the way of online stufffor a while.. amazing how one can miss that.)..

So, time to catch up on stuff here..In my absence, I dsicovererd L"Occitane,mixed soap/cream lathering, really bad Chinese DE blades, and a $12.00 straight that sucked at first, and the fact that I like incens-ey fragrences...Did I miss much?

Cheers
Harold
Last edited by HAC on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Harold -

I remember you, but it's hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since your last post!

During that time Edwin Jagger and Muhle razors, which share a new head, have become very popular. Two very expensive razors have shown up and made their presence known: the Feather All Stainless from Japan and the PILS from Germany.

There have been some two-banded limited edition brushes from Simpson and boar brushes have become more popular. There are some new very inexpensive badger brushes from China that are developing a following.

We have some new artisan soaps that are actually traditional hard soaps, some even based on tallow!

That's what occurs to me for the moment.

Welcome back!

- Murray
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Hey Harold -- welcome back. I tried to exhume myself from SMF a couple of years back, but was unsuccessful :wink: Not that I tried too terribly hard at it...... :D

What else has changed???? Lemme see -- Chris, Squire and Gordon are considered the 'sages' of the forum, I hold the opinion that MWF is THE best lathering product on the planet. We all love to provide advise to newbies. The list goes on and on. So -- I guess in the final analysis not a lot has changed. :lol:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
HAC

Post by HAC »

Thanks All.. Good to be back..

So.. I guess the next thing is to figure out what new razor or such I should acquire to celebrate!

Cheers
Harold
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Welcome back prodigal son.
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

HAC wrote:Thanks All.. Good to be back..

So.. I guess the next thing is to figure out what new razor or such I should acquire to celebrate!

Cheers
Harold
A "M-E-R-K-U-R"

Pick one \:D/ =D> :mrgreen:

Welcome Back...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Welcome back Harold. The trains haven't been running on time since you left..............

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

hi harold, welcome home. so what kind of razor are you using now? as mentioned ,,the edwin jagger de 89L is a sweetheart. just a tad milder than an HD but very smooth and fprgiving with great quality
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
HAC

Post by HAC »

Trumperman wrote:Welcome back Harold. The trains haven't been running on time since you left..............

Regards,

Bill
Thanks Mate!
Did a bit or RR related stuff this summer.. I'll post pics..

Cheers
Harold
HAC

Post by HAC »

gil3591 wrote:hi harold, welcome home. so what kind of razor are you using now? as mentioned ,,the edwin jagger de 89L is a sweetheart. just a tad milder than an HD but very smooth and fprgiving with great quality
Currently I'm stuck on the EJ Chatsworth (horn) with gold plated head, and my Merkur 12C.. I do have a vintage Shick injector that gets a call once in a while. and there is a Tech and a Slim (although they don't work on my face near as well as the Merkur/EJ) in there as well.Been toying with the idea of a Progress as the next one.. Current shave soap is C7E Sienna, with a nice stash of Proaso creams and soap under the sink.
Perhaps I'll see if I can flip the Gillettes for a progress. Might also try an Se, if I can find a good one.. And maybe 2011 will be the year I really try a straight seriously.

Cheers
Harold
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

the progress is my favorite right now but i would recommend a mergress. much smoother adjustment action
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
HAC

Post by HAC »

gil3591 wrote:the progress is my favorite right now but i would recommend a mergress. much smoother adjustment action
Yeah, a Mergress would be the bees knees, bit hard to come by, though.. I'll have to start looking at options on what's out there,,,
Cheers
Harold
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

not hard, pm mer and send him a progress. tell him what you want and he'll customize it. you can find him in the vendors corner on this sight.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer