Prorasso in the the tub

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Reverend Jim

Prorasso in the the tub

Post by Reverend Jim »

I usualy use the tube Prorasso but my wife gave one of the tubs for Christmas. Is this supposed to be used like the tube stuff? For the tube, I put a bit in the bottom of my mug and then whip up a lather with my brush. This stuff in the tub is not hard like a soap but more like a thick paste.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Think of it as a soft soap, and swirl your brush on the surface of the soap in the tub. Build your lather in the usual place - mug, bowl, scuttle, face.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thank you Chris.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:Think of it as a soft soap, and swirl your brush on the surface of the soap in the tub. Build your lather in the usual place - mug, bowl, scuttle, face.

Chris
Chris -- we are all so proud of your not maligning the "Italian toothpaste" in your factual response ...... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jim, I like your sig comment. For many years I've had it in my desk drawer at work, in a slightly different version - never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. After seeing your version, I have no disagreement with yours! Malice and incompetence working together in combination can be horribly destructive. :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

jww wrote:
drmoss_ca wrote:Think of it as a soft soap, and swirl your brush on the surface of the soap in the tub. Build your lather in the usual place - mug, bowl, scuttle, face.

Chris
Chris -- we are all so proud of your not maligning the "Italian toothpaste" in your factual response ...... :wink:
You have a good memory, Wendell (which I would like you to transmit to the other denizens of Ottawa). Italian toothpaste refers only to the utterly abysmal Proraso cream, which only recent survivors of aerosol foams would regard as worthwhile. And before the proponents of said toothpaste get cross, do try some other products first, so that you will know there is far, far better out there.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

drmoss_ca wrote:
jww wrote:

Chris
You have a good memory, Wendell (which I would like you to transmit to the other denizens of Ottawa). Italian toothpaste refers only to the utterly abysmal Proraso cream, which only recent survivors of aerosol foams would regard as worthwhile. And before the proponents of said toothpaste get cross, do try some other products first, so that you will know there is far, far better out there.

Chris
I disagree

-Rocky
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

That's allowed! :lol:

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
AZShaver

Post by AZShaver »

Does the soap have the same menthol kick that the cream has? Summer approaches and I need to make an order. :?:
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Other than the menthol I like the cream very much. No experience with the tub though, one tube of menthol was enough.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I find that the tub performs better than the tube. The menthol is possibly a tad stronger with the tub even. ymmv.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

I would highly recommend trying the white version also, i think this one only comes in a tub though.
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

I think that the tube has more menthol kick than the tub. That's just me though.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

The tube and bowl appear to have the same menthol kick. At least to me.
JEFF