missing key on keyboar

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

missing key on keyboar

Post by Sam »

i broke the key between s an f on the keyboar an you can tell which one it is by rea ing this sentence. it is a laptop by ell

i am thinking that i can use a keyboar from a regular computer an just plug it in to somewhere on back of the laptop? i have a usb port open an i have 7 pin roun opening besi e that.

help?
fia1331

Post by fia1331 »

If you have a USB keyboard that should work. I'm not sure what the 7-pin connector is though. The old PS/2 connectors for keyboards and mice are usually 6 pins.
-Faisal
function

Post by function »

fia1331 wrote:If you have a USB keyboard that should work. I'm not sure what the 7-pin connector is though. The old PS/2 connectors for keyboards and mice are usually 6 pins.
Maybe it's an S-Video output?
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

A PS/3 keyboard connection would be very large for a laptop. I agree that it's probably S-Video, especially if one of the pins is large and rectangular.

Sam, pretty much any USB keyboard you can find should work as soon as you plug it in.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

I hear keyboar makes for the absolute best shave brush hair 8)
Rob
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Someone suggested calling a computer repair place and seeing if they keep Dell Inspiron laptops for parts and maybe they charge $15 to replace it. Otherwise, Ill scrummage to see if we have a USB keyboard around. Yes, one of the slots was large and rectangular so it could be the S-video input.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Re: missing key on keyboar

Post by Bargepole »

Sam wrote:i broke the key between s an f on the keyboar an you can tell which one it is by rea ing this sentence. it is a laptop by ell

i am thinking that i can use a keyboar from a regular computer an just plug it in to somewhere on back of the laptop? i have a usb port open an i have 7 pin roun opening besi e that.

help?
Y'know, I think it gives your writing a certain kind of racy Cuban tough Hemingway style. I'd look on it as a sign. Leave it as is.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Ah, kin a like the ol man an the sea?
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Bargepole wrote:
Sam wrote:i broke the key between s an f on the keyboar an you can tell which one it is by rea ing this sentence. it is a laptop by ell

help?
Y'know, I think it gives your writing a certain kind of racy Cuban tough Hemingway style. I'd look on it as a sign. Leave it as is.
I'm not sure about the racy Cuban/Hemingway... but now I hear Ricky Ricardo in my head... Luuuccyy!! You 'ave some 'splainin' to doo! :lol:
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

A usb keyboard will work fine. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and the USB keyboard had no problems.
Ed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:...

I'm not sure about the racy Cuban/Hemingway... but now I hear Ricky Ricardo in my head... Luuuccyy!! You 'ave some 'splainin' to doo! :lol:
But Sam is missing the "d" -- so it would be "...some 'splaining to ooo!" :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Sam wrote:Someone suggested calling a computer repair place and seeing if they keep Dell Inspiron laptops for parts and maybe they charge $15 to replace it. Otherwise, Ill scrummage to see if we have a USB keyboard around. Yes, one of the slots was large and rectangular so it could be the S-video input.
Erm, it's working again. . .
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ichabod wrote:
Sam wrote:Someone suggested calling a computer repair place and seeing if they keep Dell Inspiron laptops for parts and maybe they charge $15 to replace it. Otherwise, Ill scrummage to see if we have a USB keyboard around. Yes, one of the slots was large and rectangular so it could be the S-video input.
Erm, it's working again. . .
Dom, that was the computer at work
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Does have a certain elan.
Regards,
Squire
mme29710

Post by mme29710 »

It was rumored that the staff from the Clinton administration removed all the W keys from the keyboards in the white house before George W took office [-X