One brush...

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gordon I do wish you would stop mentioning that damn Colonel . . . I don't need another brush . . . I don't need another brush . . . I don't need another brush . . . (chanting softly, eyes closed, sitting very still, hoping it will pass).
Regards,
Squire
Zot!

Post by Zot! »

Simfix le Grosvenor 2-banded Super. Great knot and handle combination.
Ron
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Squire wrote:Gordon I do wish you would stop mentioning that damn Colonel . . . I don't need another brush . . . I don't need another brush . . . I don't need another brush . . . (chanting softly, eyes closed, sitting very still, hoping it will pass).
Hmm. A custom "Squire" to go with the Dukes and Emperors. That'd be an interesting brush.

Yo, Phil!
Ron
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Clearly this one, hands down

Ken
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

It seems my second entry in this thread was lost when I was called out to the hospital to treat an MI. I meant that any of the brushes I listed could be The One for me. To whit: a Somerset PJ3, a Somerset T4 or either of my IoM PL8's.

Colonel X2L? I have one, and it is a lovely two band brush. But size does matter in some things (in MI's too, now I think of it).

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Post by Odio Barbillas »

I >heart< my horsie, a Vie-Long entry-level brush that has stolen my face for either creams or soaps.
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Great answers gents! For some reason, I'm wanting to try a BK4. And I don't mean a Burger King #4!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Randy, It's an excellent brush, IMO. Of the ones I have, and actually dare to use much, it would be my second choice I think.
Regards,
Gordon
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

For me it's a toss up between my C&E BBB and a refurb I had done using a unidentifiable handle and a TGN Grade A Silvertip knot.

I pick the C&E based on its overall performance with soaps and creams. And the refurb I pick because the handle is from the last brush my wife's father used. He died before I met and fell in love with my wife so I never met him.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I think I'd keep my Chubby 3 Manchurian. There's nothing else quite like it.
_______
John
malocchio

just one

Post by malocchio »

for me it's the heinrich thater chubby 2 , a brush that is worthy of becoming a heirloom one day...superb quality in all respects
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

I am going to have to agree with Gordon about the Colonel. I will say that the NF 2211 is my favorite. They just work and I enjoy them. I tried tried the big brushes but these are just perfect? I face lather 100% so this might have something to do with it. If I bowl lathered the Kent BK4 would be up there as well.
Shawn
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

bernards66 wrote:Randy, It's an excellent brush, IMO. Of the ones I have, and actually dare to use much, it would be my second choice I think.
Regards,
Gordon
Maybe I'll be able to pick one up for Christmas.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Yes, I'm with churchillafemme; it's my Manchurian Chubby #3. It's the--

No. Hang on. I don't have one of those.

My heart says my very old Nimmerische Chubby 2 Super. My head says my Plisson #18 HMW. My washbasin shelf says my Rooney Finest #2.

So I guess on the Alternative Vote system which we're having a referendum about soon, it would have to be my T3 Super.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
numcks

Re: One brush...

Post by numcks »

rtaylor61 wrote:Okay gents. I've been away for a while. Too long. I admit that the brush is my favorite part of the shave. I've gone from over 20 brushes down to just a few. What I want to know is one simple thing...regardless of the number of brushes in your stable, what is your one "go to" brush. I don't want to see a list of what you own...just the one brush you would keep if you could only keep one!

Randy (I'll answer later...)
Hard to pick just one and would really like to have both a badger and boar, but if I HAD to keep only one, it would be my Morris & Forndran 24/51 Blonde badger in genuine horn.
Cheers,
Mike
du212

Post by du212 »

My Plisson 14 Haute Montagne it's the more versatile followed by my new vielong E16510
· · · · · Jose · · · · · ·
foroafeitado.com wetshaving in spanish
Sando

Post by Sando »

Made Rite 325 with GN 22mm Finest knot. It never fails.

...Ray
drumana

Post by drumana »

Probably my CH1 two banded super. Love that brush.
-Andrew-
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

This question is so easy for me.

A Shavemac XXL brush, finest badger.

Why?

It is the only brush I own, but I am tempted by others (Peter has me thinking of a Morris Fondren, and then the Chubby 3 but the price, wow, and then Gordon with the BK 4, assuming it is not as floppy as the BK 8, a smaller brush might be a good offset to the very large Shavemac I have)
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Sam wrote:This question is so easy for me.

A Shavemac XXL brush, finest badger.

Why?

It is the only brush I own,
Nothing like restraint!

Randy